Upvote 0

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Open it up and replace the vibrator motor, trickiest part is not destroying the switch when sliding the board out also be careful not to screw up the coil wires.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Open it up and replace the vibrator motor, trickiest part is not destroying the switch when sliding the board out also be careful not to screw up the coil wires.

I have to admit I'm not gadget friendly. I'll just have to send it back

AGAIN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Buy a TRX Truth. You will never look back.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had to send my black pro pointer in earlier in the year. The switch went bad for all I know. The replaced the switch and switch cover, installed a new coil and put it all in a new housing for $42. It came back like a new pin pointer and I was very please with the turn-around time. My carrot switch went bad 6 months after purchase, I sent it in and it was fixed for free under warranty and came back in a new housing for free. I keep 2 pin pointers because you just never know. I normally use the black pro pointer as a backup/loaner just as I have multiple detectors. I need to send my F75 back in for a tune-up. The battery power display is not working correctly, it shows batteries are good even though they are nearly dead and my depth indicator is continuously 2 inches off. I just know that id it says the target is at 7 inches, in reality the target is 5 inches deep.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree with Loco, I keep two pin pointers with me too. They do take a beating.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Agree with Loco, I keep two pin pointers with me too. They do take a beating.

I have two as well. After sending one for the same problem switch, mud in the speaker slots, fixed under warrenty. Bought these and have not had problem one! 0108170856.jpg 0108170856a.jpg 0108170857.jpg

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have two as well. After sending one for the same problem switch, mud in the speaker slots, fixed under warrenty. Bought these and have not had problem one! View attachment 1399653 View attachment 1399654 View attachment 1399655

That's interesting - are those "official" covers from Garrett or after-market? I never knew they made them. I just sent in my orange one yesterday for warranty repair (would beep constantly when used underwater and I had to take the battery out to get it to stop...same thing happened to a friend of mine's the same day at the same location. Apparently we were in some "special" water.) Are those covers there also waterproof, and have you noticed any decrease in sensitivity when using them?

My big complaint about the Garrett pinpointers is how much of a pain in the butt it is to change sensitivities. I have the Minelab pinpointer also, which has just a simple +/- switch for sensitivity, but i feel like the highest sensitivity on that still isn't as sensitive as even the minimum on the Garrett.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's interesting - are those "official" covers from Garrett or after-market? I never knew they made them. I just sent in my orange one yesterday for warranty repair (would beep constantly when used underwater and I had to take the battery out to get it to stop...same thing happened to a friend of mine's the same day at the same location. Apparently we were in some "special" water.) Are those covers there also waterproof, and have you noticed any decrease in sensitivity when using them?

My big complaint about the Garrett pinpointers is how much of a pain in the butt it is to change sensitivities. I have the Minelab pinpointer also, which has just a simple +/- switch for sensitivity, but i feel like the highest sensitivity on that still isn't as sensitive as even the minimum on the Garrett.

They are after market, got them on a site I probaly cant say on here. They are vary well made, and formed to fit the rib, the light and the button. I bought three, for my two black pin pointers, and have been using the same one for two years, next year will be the third. Been as important to me as a coil cover! Absulutley no effect on sensitivity. I rinse mine off real good when I need to, but I dont know if I would use it like you would a Carrott

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have two as well. My carrott is a Garrett as we speak. I hate not having a pin pointer.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
0110170937.jpg 0110170938.jpg 0110170939.jpg I have been using the same one for two years

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The black one works off and on but the light always comes on and beeps just won't vibrate at times.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Truth,

Curious question... Do the PinPointer black tips fit over the the top of the plastic casing you just bought (They might, given they are flexible enough).

Skippy

Skippy it fits but I just bought them. I actually took it apart last night. Not sure what I did but it's working now. We'll see if it stays fixed.

john819

Jan 17, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The garrett pin pointer pro is the best it is waterproof up 10 feet deep

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread