any big foot believers out there

lasttoknow (Tim)

Dec 5, 2005
Spanaway Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac And Whites Quantum Pro
Lots of natural camo in the woods. I think it's feasable they exist. I've lived in the PNW most of my life of 40 years. I believe they've been spotted on almost every continent. And differant cultures have a history both modern and historic about them. Personally they could even be the so called missing link to humans. Or primitive survivors of the last ice age.

Webfoot

Jul 10, 2005
Oregon
Several years back, my father and brother were hunting in the wilderness on the Montana/Idaho border. One day, my brother felt like he was being watched all day long. On the way back to camp, he was sure he was being followed. He kept doubling back to see if he could see something, but never was able. That night while they were sleeping, they heard that awful scream. Something was just up the trail from their tent screaming. They were sure it wasn't an elk, a bear, or a moose. They said it lasted what seemed like an eternity. Then it quit and they never heard it again. When they told their guides about it, they said they had to believe them because several hunters had reported the same thing.

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Myself and 2 friends drove to nearest top of Silver Star Mtn. in Skamania Co. Wash. and hiked to the summit where there was a monument ( a little brass thing in the ground for surveyors). On the way there we walked over a snow field.
Coming back, there were very large tracks ( maybe 20") over our footprints and the stride was huge. Running and jumping, I got 3/4 of the way there. I did have a camera but the others were so scared yelling at me because of the wierd sounds we heard I forgot about taking pictures.
I have hunted 40 yrs. in Oregon and never seen a bear in the wild.
I don't know.
Joe

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am.

I grew up around US 2 west of the Cascades and my 'backyard' was the Spada lake/Gold Bar/Index/Stevens Pass area.

I figure with the emense amount of biodiversity in the world, it's entirely a possibility of their exsistence. With all the 'ole tymer stories, Native American and international 'lore', it certanly seems plausable.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not all Bigfoots (Bigfeet? ::) ) are in Oregon. A friend of mine in Louisiana tracked the Falk Monster back in the early 1970s. He even had tape recordings of the growls and screams of that creature, he'd made while camped out in the river bottoms near Falk, AR. He got to know the elderly lady who owned the Smith Farm and she told him that whenever she went squirrel hunting, the beast would pace her from a few yards inside the tree line. My friend asked her if she'd ever had the urge to take a shot at him and she said, "No. It never tried to harm me, it just seemed curious."

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I heard a long time ago that there was a law passed making it illegal to shoot a Bigfoot.
I think I voted for that law. I know I never would unless there was harm to me or someone else that I saw.

hard rider

Feb 12, 2007
I SEE BEAR IN OREGON EVERY YEAR IN THE ROAD,LAST ONE WAS ON WOLF CREEK RD,4 MILES OUTA WOLF CK,ONE BEFORE THAT WAS ON COW CK,10 MILES OUTA GLENDALE,AND ANOTHER WAS BY LELAND,ONE CAME DOWN ON COW CK LAST YEAR AND CHEWED UP MY BUDDY'S DREDGE HOSES...........SAW ONE ACROSS THE CK FROM US THE DAY BEFORE,BEST ONE WAS THIS YEAR DREGING THE SAME HOLE WE BOTH LOOKED UP,IN ABOUT 4 FT OF WATER,AND THERE'S A SNAKE SUSPENDED ABOUT 2 FT DOWN LOOKING AT US,WE BOTH REACHED FOR IT AT THE SAME TIME,THE 4 INCH KEENE SNOZZLE GOT THERE FIRST,WOOSH UP THE TUBE,BYE-BYE SNAKE,BETTER THEN THE ONE HE PULLED OUTA HIS WET SUIT LAST YEAR,THAT WENT IN ON THE BACK OF HIS NECK,YEAH,I KNOW I WENT FROM BEARS TO SNAKES,BUT WITH A COUPLE OF ENCOUNTERS WITH RATTLERS ON GRAVE CK THIS YEAR SNAKES SEEM TO BE ON MY MIND........AS FOR BIG FOOT.............GRAYDIGGER LOOKS LIKE HE COULD BE WANT WE'RE LOOKIN 4..........

dozer dan

Jan 14, 2008
PNW
Primary Interest:
Other
i know that there is a bigfoot live trap on a b.l.m. trail about a 1/4 mile west of applegate lake in jackson co.

Square Nail

Greenie
Nov 5, 2008
My son and I made a bunch of Big Foot tracks in a damp spot, high up above the north Umpqua River, up toward the head of Boulder Creek. Don't know if anyone saw them, but we thought it was funny. All of the millions of man hours of loggers, truck drivers, hunters, hikers, rangers, boy scouts, girl scouts etc. etc. etc. and not one decent photo or a dead one, just doesn't make any sense.

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
I think the problem is that people go looking for them instead of having them come to you. All you need to do is put out a big bowl of Purina Sasquatch Chow, then hide in wait with a camera.... ;D :D

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
elric1911 said:
well... the existance of apes in africa wasn't proven until 1902 and pandas were thought to be mythical creatures until 1937, it is entirely possible that there is a group of reclusive primates living in the pacific northwest wilderness. there are a lot of trees they can hide behind. i've never seen one, but i don't discount the possibility.

I was gonna say the samething... :thumbsup:

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
midnightcaller said:
I saw bigfoot tracks on a mountain road out side of Darrington Washington

I also saw a UFO in hte Lake Stevens area back in 1995
That's why I gave up drinking. Those tracks scared the hell out of me.

That UFO that hit my windshield in AREA51 was really BIG BIRD. Owl, quail...

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
There is a little sign just north of Las Vegas that says
" Secret Area 51" pointing down a dirt road.
I was going maybe over the speed limit and did not go back.
395 is an open road that folks go fast on.

oregongold.net

Greenie
Apr 30, 2009
Marcola, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I lived in the woods for six months when I turned 18 and did the Jeremiah Johnson thing. Everyday was a new adventure and there was always a new place to explore everyday.

There was a certain area that gave me the creeps and I turned around and would head a different direction. It was like something was watching me.

Since then, I have been in the woods a great deal...prospecting, hunting, hiking and Army. I am the type of guy who will leave the roads behind and walk into true wilderness a great deal away from even logging operations.

Over the years I have thought back to that area that gave me the creeps, and I remember that it was really brushy and my line of sight was hampered by all the brush, when I was use to being able to see a good distance ahead. So I think that because of my limited vision, that a primitive instinct took over, a self preservation mechanism if you will. An hence I avoided the area.

Sure you can argue that there could have been a mountain lion or a bigfoot in there watching me. But I personally think it is a mental mechanism. In all of my time in woods I have actually kept my eye out for any evidence of bigfoot and I have not seen any evidence. A bear will make a large almost human like print, so I think if people see tracks, they just do not know what they are looking at. Others make fake tracks to get some attention.

Here's a picture of the true Bigfoot:

Attachments

• bigfoot6cz-779881.jpg
    bigfoot6cz-779881.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 674

mlw67

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2006
Portland, OR
There was a show on Discovery channel not too long ago called "Legend Meets Science".

They did a piece on Bigfoot.

They had samples of supposed bigfoot tracks that had been cast in plaster that had been collected from all over the PNW for over 20 years.

They presented these samples to an animal track expert who specialized in apes. He concluded that we do indeed have a North American ape living in the PNW, and he even said that he would stake his entire career on it.

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
Back in 1989 deep in the woods I saw a BigFoot cross a logging road infront of me. It was probably 30 or 40 yards away. I was tracking deer at the time (stone sober), late afternoon. The thing was about 7 foot tall. It didn't move anything like a human being. Holding it's arms up chest high and the fingers pointing backwards. Completely crossed the road in two steps. It breifly turned its head towards me, but it happened so fast i can't say i saw any details of the animals face.

Yes. I was armed with a scoped .308 rifle. No. I didn't shoot at it. I was too busy wetting my pants.. and i was shaking so bad i probably wouldn't have hit anything anyway. Took about ten years before i could go back into the woods again. For years i couldn't even play golf because the trees were too close to the middle of the fairway. If you're thinking about hunting one of those things, i'd take a BAZOOKA with you. And don't forget to pick up some of those "Depends" adult diapers. Good Luck.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanna Find out if they Taste like Chicken,
Bald Eagle, or Mad Cow

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Jeff, I couldn't tell the difference between bald eagle and spotted owl.
Never ate a mad cow but was once married to one.
Grey

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread