any body read this or know anything ? no more federal claims

bill-costa rica

Sep 19, 2010
playa samara
Detector(s) used
sd2100 infinium ls, 10 inch dredge
I have not verified this information personally, but it seems legit because it is in the federal register.

Jim

Date: May 21, 2013
Subject: All Public Lands are Gone Officially as of April 2013

To All concerned citizens,
What I have been conveying for the last year and a half has come true. The Obama Administration under executive order has registered on the Federal Registry, https://www.federalregister.gov/art...087/segregation-of-lands-renewable-energy#h-8 that all public lands are to be taken out of the 1872 mining law and to give first right of refusal to the wind and solar industry for the next two years.
Any public lands that do not have an application, permit or plan of operation on it is GONE to the claim holder. If you want to voice an opinion you Must show up to this weeks BLM Steering Committee meeting from 6:30 to 8:30 pm 300 South Richmond Road Ridgecrest, CA 93555. They are going to go after private lands after this citing that they are not being used for anything. It is not a conspiracy theory it is now reality.
There will be a pre-meeting at Sleepy Bear Mine from 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM with the Chairman of the Desert Advisory Council (DAC) and it will launch the new California Desert District Mining Coalition to start the fight.

Think about this. All club claims are gone, your dream of mining a claim is gone, you won't even be able to register a claim, the registered claim you currently have that is not operating as a commercial mine is gone,
UNLESS YOU TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY AND FIGHT. IT STILL MIGHT BE TO LATE FOR MOST––––

Kirk MacKenzie
Home

---
James Foley
Property and Mining Rights Advocate
Klamath River, California
[email protected]

Upvote 0

trinityau

Jan 20, 2010
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, GP 3000 modified
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
[h=1] Hello all, the statement below is on the first page of the Federal Registry concerning this topic. While I do not agree with any of it no where in this statement does it say all public lands are gone. From what I read is that the lands that were being considered for wind and solar projects are now to be withdrawn from mineral entry for up to two years. This means you cannot legally claim this land. They are not saying whether the ground will continue to be open to the public for casual use or not. As I said I dont fully agree with this act simply because every bit of research I have done on wind and solar projects shows cost override almost always. Again, from what I read it is the lands they have already identified for these uses several years ago. I know, this could be a stepping stone to more land grabs. Lets keep an eye on this.

If I am reading this wrong someone let me know, I have missed things in the past...TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Action[/h]Final Rule.

[h=1]Summary[/h]
The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) is amending its regulations to add provisions allowing the BLM to temporarily segregate from the operation of the public land laws, by publication of a Federal Register notice, public lands included in a pending wind or solar energy generation right-of-way (ROW) application, and public lands that the BLM identifies for potential future wind or solar energy generation right-of-way applications under applicable legal requirements. The purpose of such segregation is to promote the orderly administration of the public lands. Lands segregated under this rule will not be subject to appropriation under the public land laws, including location under the Mining Law of 1872 (Mining Law), for up to two years from the date of publication of notice under this rule, subject to valid existing rights, but would remain open under the Mineral Leasing Act of 1920 (MLA) and the Materials Act of 1947 (Materials Act).

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you are spot on Ray.

".. the final rule is narrow. It only limits the location of mining claims after the segregation under this rule is announced and does not affect previously located claims. Moreover, segregations under this rule are not automatic; the BLM will only effect segregations on a case-by-case basis when it determines segregation to be necessary for the orderly administration of the public lands."

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks to me like it's also giving the BLM power to withdraw land at their discretion citing "potential future" wind or solar energy generation right-of-way applications.

The devil is in the details!

GG~

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not only no but LL no--"there is no such thang as TEMPORARY. example the Cantara Spill area on the Sacramento River was TEMPORARY for 22 years now. All others party time to do as they please but NO MINING. Once this is enacted ALL lands have wind,solar potential. I am NOT stupid enough to believe this end run around the 1872 mining law is minimus as the right to CLAIM is the cornerstone upon which the whole infrastructure of the laws very being is built upon and they want to TAKE IT AWAY FOR A FEW YEARS?? Just like gun rights right??? Hahaha LL NO_John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread