Any chance of getting a forum on here for vets

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put a post on here a few weeks ago asking if there were any Vets on here that enjoyed this hobby...and it seams there are a lot of you on here...any chance that a forum could be sit up for Vets that enjoy the hobby...I think without drought its a close nit group of guys and gals...that understand what all Vets have went thou, no matter where you served or when you served...just a thought...

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't the barracks full of vets? Under Fraternities organizations...?
Have a great day. Thanks for serving !

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I am a vet but here we are all the same … Why do you want to separate us into different groups .. Will not work good .. Not a good idea.. You can always go down to your VA club on the corner..

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
And like..Dave44 .. said on the net you can find forum's for vets ….And Jeep owners ..for police ..for ones that like motorcycles .. for Ford chevy .. and just about anything you like or want… So go on the net and find a forum for vet's .

OP
OP
J

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I guess Dave44 and Keppy are right...we sure don't want to separate anybody , like Minelab, whites, fisher, Garrett people, Finds of the day, general metal detecting, yard sale finds, for sale and trade, with all these and more Forums on here, so why would we want anything that might give a vet anything other than a VA club on the corner..and Vets in the barracks..really..I have heard worse things when I came back from Vietnam about Vets..but I wont go there....it was just a thought...and you sure do have a right to your opinions...:)

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I put a post on here a few weeks ago asking if there were any Vets on here that enjoyed this hobby...and it seams there are a lot of you on here...any chance that a forum could be sit up for Vets that enjoy the hobby...I think without drought its a close nit group of guys and gals...that understand what all Vets have went thou, no matter where you served or when you served...just a thought...
Thank you for your service jhen999. :weee: As Dave44 mentioned there is a " The Barracks" right here on TreasureNet that is for Veterans. If you don,t find a topic that encompasses your thoughts, maybe go ahead and start a new thread there. I don,t frequent there not being a vet so post your big finds in today's finds also if you want more exposure,or not its up to you. If your not content with that see about how many others are interested,(I understand that's what you are asking in this thread also.) and ask a moderator where to go with the idea. Happy Hunting.

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I guess Dave44 and Keppy are right...we sure don't want to separate anybody , like Minelab, whites, fisher, Garrett people, Finds of the day, general metal detecting, yard sale finds, for sale and trade, with all these and more Forums on here, so why would we want anything that might give a vet anything other than a VA club on the corner..and Vets in the barracks..really..I have heard worse things when I came back from Vietnam about Vets..but I wont go there....it was just a thought...and you sure do have a right to your opinions...:)
But all that has to do with metal detecting and treasure hunting… And why people think they have to thank us for our service i do not know … I had a job to do i did it got payed for it not much but got payed …. I don't like or want people to thank me for being a Vet .. I see no reason for it… Could be it makes them feel great for thanking Vet's ..But do not thank me .. I do not like it and a lot feel like i do...

Last edited:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And keppy , most don't feel that way. Some did their " job" instead of going to Oxford, some volunteered. And I hope that our all volunteer military has a love for this country that guides them to protect it. I hate the thought that our best could be fighting beside someone that is "just doing a job."

Thanks RC, for pointing out that there is a place on TNet for Vets.

Remind me not to post from my phone, people can't seem to see my expressions when I do that. Lol

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
What do you like Keppy. I don,t have to thank anyone for anything, especially you. I stopped a veteran in a parking lot to thank him recently and he had no problem with it.Ya'll happy now?

OP
OP
J

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy...I felt the same way as you, when I got home from my service time...I never talked about and really didn't want anybody asking me how it was and what did you see , that kind of stuff, so for 35 years I didn't. I really don't want to get into how holding things like that in did to me....but as an older man and after a few years of talking with VA doctors, I have come to a point of being able to see things a little different now...and I am proud of my service , a lot of guys that went in with me never made it back.....but your right this is not the place for that stuff....and thanks to Relevetchair for letting me know that Dave44 was trying to tell me the Barracks is a forum on here for Vets....:)...Thanks

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
What do you like Keppy. I don,t have to thank anyone for anything, especially you. I stopped a veteran in a parking lot to thank him recently and he had no problem with it.Ya'll happy now?
Good for you now don't break your arm patting your self on the back..

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
No, I did that when a certain poster inspired me to join this site by asking how being in a wheel chair was relevent(that same posters, hey you might know him! misspelling) to detecting. We are not all alike because we detect. Just like selling finds on the internet and what we think of knocking on doors, showing finds, or hunting populated areas differs,don't it? What group does that put you in or is that why you object to a group?

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
And keppy , most don't feel that way. Some did their " job" instead of going to Oxford, some volunteered. And I hope that our all volunteer military has a love for this country that guides them to protect it. I hate the thought that our best could be fighting beside someone that is "just doing a job."
We are all just doing a job no matter what we do . And we do our job the best we can ..That is all we can do ..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread