ANY CLUES?

agatequeen

Jan 18, 2017
Paradise California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a few things Saturday for my collection. In the box was the following items but I don't know what they are. Can you help me out?

IMG_4378.JPG IMG_4379.JPG IMG_4380.JPG IMG_4381.JPG IMG_4382.JPG IMG_4383.JPG IMG_4384.JPG IMG_4388.JPG IMG_4389.JPG IMG_4390.JPG

The one with a hole in the top I thought maybe it was some kind of weight. The one with a hole on each end? The other two?

Crazy stuff.

Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does the hole go clear through the piece in the first three pictures? That could be a Chumash Pipe. The round stone could be a Mano. Not sure about the piece with the engravings. It almost looks like a old printing tube that would be rolled in ink and then rolled on paper to print out the pattern. The other rock with the hole is most likely natural.

OP
OP
A

agatequeen

Jan 18, 2017
Paradise California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one with the hole on each side goes in a 1/2 inch on each side and is 3 1/2 long
The one with a hole at the top has a number on it 66168-6 and 54 in ink on the side. In looking closer at the hole it looks like it has been worked. It does have a patina to the rock. It is hard to get a good picture of that one.
The round one has a slight indentation and ridge on one side not deep enough to be a nutting stone. The other side is smooth.
IMG_4437.JPG IMG_4438.JPG IMG_4439.JPG

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're really nice looking but way out of my league.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any takers on the tube like object which has holes in each end about 1/2 deep?

It could be a unfinished pipe, like the style Grimm was talking about. The small stone with the cup on one side could be a game stone and the item with the engravings I would bet it's not NA. Cool buys:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread