john glassman

Apr 16, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mike70

Jan 23, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortez, Tesoro Stingray, C&G Wildcat, Pistol Probe Pro. Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi John, I also have been using a Cortes, but over here, the only thing that the notch filter knocks out is $1 coin. Needless to say, I don't use it. Apart from that, a good reliable detector that has more than paid for itself. I have the 3x18 coil, and it sure covers a lot more ground, but the one I have is quite heavy, so I had to use a bungy cord to make it easier. I believe the newer 3x18 coils are a lot lighter. My newest purchase is a Sand Shark. Have yet to try it out.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the Cortes and the Deleon. Have retrieved many coins and some jewelry with both. I'd prefer the display on the Cortes to be a bit bigger, but all in all I've been happy with both machines. Most of the areas I hunt are mild so the preset DeLeon works just fine.
luvsdux

OP
OP
john glassman

john glassman

Apr 16, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Cortes and the Deleon. Have retrieved many coins and some jewelry with both. I'd prefer the display on the Cortes to be a bit bigger, but all in all I've been happy with both machines. Most of the areas I hunt are mild so the preset DeLeon works just fine.
luvsdux
Thank you for reply about cortes . I used tesoro machines since 1980 and the cortes extremely deep machine and id simple and no scrolling like other brands

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread