Any favorite spots in Colorado Springs?

OldDogEyes

Greenie
Apr 24, 2011
Denver, CO area
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
pannergonedetecting said:
Anyone have a fav route in the springs? pueblo? denver? Negligible finds at Bear Creek and Gold camp area.

I've only MD'd once in CoS... I'm up in Castle Rock. If you want to connect and check out some different area's, PM me!

Thanks,
Doug

OldDogEyes

Greenie
Apr 24, 2011
Denver, CO area
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
whered you have in mind? :hello:

Lets go someplace where they are digging up Sidewalks and demolishing old houses... got any ideas? Busy parks... older neighborhoods... we can search greenways etc.

Just a few thoughts...

Doug

OP
OP
pannergonedetecting
Aug 27, 2011
C/S CO
Detector(s) used
bh lonestar
sounds good im always free just got out of the service and have all day! let me know a time and place :read2:

tomjiggy

Sep 18, 2010
Hey guys, unfortunately I'm not stationed in that are. But, at one time I thought I was gonna be. The history of that area is really amazing. I started doing some online research and stopped when I got orders to Georgia, but before I did I got a rough idea on how long that area was inhabited. If you aren't looking for Indian artifacts, there were settlers in the area as early as the 1840's(I'm not just talking about Colorado Springs). You should spend some time looking around Carson City, but there are literally hundreds of small "boom" towns, and ghost towns, within 100 miles(hundreds might be slightly exaggerating...lol). I'd love to be there with you when you start finding the old mining towns(I love artifacts from that area). Anyway, Happy Hunting!! :icon_thumleft:

OldDogEyes

Greenie
Apr 24, 2011
Denver, CO area
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
sounds good im always free just got out of the service and have all day! let me know a time and place :read2:

I have a place in Colorado Springs where there is a good chance of finding old stuff.

Give me a call and we'll setup a date/time!

Doug
720-515-5690

seabumm

Mar 22, 2012
Southern, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf II, Whites Beach 300,and Whites Surf PI.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was stationed there, many moons ago...Combat Engineer. Before I was interested in MDing I use too see alot of people detecting at that park....somthing ''of the gods''?? Another prime spot ,after the snow melts..The ski resort is a great place togo? Good luck'' HH.

CarlMerfert

Tenderfoot
Nov 12, 2015
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone I just got back from Germany and would love to meet some people to go out and MD with. Let me know ok..later

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread