Any feedback on the Garrett ACE150??

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, Treasurekidd from RI here! After my second weekend of MDing with my BH Pioneer 101, I am looking to upgrade. I am looking to get a good intermediate level detector and have looked at Whites, Garrett, Fisher and Tesoro. So far, I like the Whites Prizm III, the Tesoro Silver U Max, and the Garrett ACE150. I have seen many reviews here on the Prizm series and Silver U Max, but nothing on the ACE150. Anyone have any feedback or experiences for me on the Garrett ACE150? Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

Cladius

Mar 8, 2004
It is a good entry level machine. I dont know that it would perform any better than what you allready have. save your $ a while and get a mid range 300-400 dollar machine. minelab has a good one in that range you wont out grow so quickly. MHO. Cladius.

luke1049

Greenie
Jan 3, 2005
Fort Worth TX
Hi there,

I just bought a ACE 250 for my bro-in-law. I would have liked to spend less and get the 150 for him, but in the chart comparing capabilities I notice the 150 does NOT have a pinpoint mode. Pinpoint is very important and saves you a lot of digging. Just a thought.

HagerTX

Dec 3, 2004
Houston (Bay Area), TX
I bought a Treasure Ace 150 about 6 weeks ago. Overall I was pleased with it. Wasn't too much money for a detector that I was experimenting with and so forth. Found plenty of coins at a local park up to 4-6 inches deep. However the lack of pinpointing made digging much longer than anticipated. If you are leaning toward Garrett, I'd try the 250 which has pinpointing, 4 depth modes vs 3 and a more detailed target id range.

silverhunter/dowser

Oct 5, 2004
columbia sc
love the 150

I just got the 150 for christmas and so for it has been great. the 25th i went to an old road bed behind my house and in less then 5min i found an old heel plate and a sqare nail not much else thou if you can i would buy the 250 hh.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread