Any fishermen out there?

Royal

May 19, 2011
I am trying to find somewhere I can buy a few of these weedless spinners. I have had mine for 30 years and running a bit low. I think they were made by snagproof but I seen none on their site. I might be wrong about that though.

Anyone have an ideas where I might find some? Thanks guys

The picture sucks but it was fast and raining :D

Attachments

• weedless-spinner.jpg
    weedless-spinner.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 424

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

Don't all you have to do is fit a small rubber band over the barb on the hook :P the fish hits the lure and pushes the rubber band off the hook, but stops it from fouling among weeds :icon_thumleft:

SS

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you looking for the same exact lure? Or just any weedless lures?

OP
OP
R

Royal

May 19, 2011
poorhunter78 said:
Are you looking for the same exact lure? Or just any weedless lures?

I have lots of weedless lures but I am looking for the exact same one. I contacted the company and they said they have not made it in years but were going to look in their warehouse. I have not heard back. I bought them in the late 60's or early 70's. I still have four of them.

Thanks to all of you for your replys

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the name, Brand....Maybe we could help locate something for you......

OP
OP
R

Royal

May 19, 2011
poorhunter78 said:
What is the name, Brand....Maybe we could help locate something for you......

The brand name is Snagproof. They still make a lot of lures and have been in business for over 50 years the lady I talked to, the founders daughter, said. I googled the thing and checked Craigs List and Ebay but no luck yet.

They are an incredible lure. In one afternoon I caught bass, pike, dogfish and rock bass. I am worried about losing the dang things. The pike sorta cut the thing up but it still excites the fish :D

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That lure came out in late '68 early '69 and revamped with the new 2 legged skirt in 1970. Hasn't been available for years. It looks like they don't even make actual spinnerbaits anymore. You might have better luck making your own, or at least a close imposter. I can't find them anywhere.

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
That lure came out in late '68 early '69 and revamped with the new 2 legged skirt in 1970. Hasn't been available for years. It looks like they don't even make actual spinnerbaits anymore. You might have better luck making your own, or at least a close imposter. I can't find them anywhere.
I bought and sold old lures on Ebay before Never saw any like this...I have looked and looked myself...Come up empty...

Larry Dahlberg may be able to help, He makes most of his own lures...

www.huntforbigfish.com/

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorhunter78 said:
diggummup said:
I bought and sold old lures on Ebay before Never saw any like this...I have looked and looked myself...Come up empty...

www.huntforbigfish.com/
I found it in an old Field & Stream Mag. where they originally started their advertising.They were established in 1961 by a man named Harry Ehlers. They made the world's first weedless frog. Their lures are based on soft plastic hollow bodies and a double hook design. Theres not much info on the web about their early lures that I can find. The actual name of it was just called "snagproof spinner" and it was available in 5 color combos. The lures they make today are based on the original concept and similar in design, but without the spinnerblade, nor do I find the red/white color.

OP
OP
R

Royal

May 19, 2011
diggummup said:
poorhunter78 said:
diggummup said:

www.huntforbigfish.com/
I found it in an old Field & Stream Mag. where they originally started their advertising.They were established in 1961 by a man named Harry Ehlers. They made the world's first weedless frog. Their lures are based on soft plastic hollow bodies and a double hook design. Theres not much info on the web about their early lures that I can find. The actual name of it was just called "snagproof spinner" and it was available in 5 color combos. The lures they make today are based on the original concept and similar in design, but without the spinnerblade, nor do I find the red/white color.

That is them. I still have one of each color but am worried about losing them as the pike just love them. I have been using them with a steel leader but don't like to. I can not imagine why they discontinued them unless they were expensive to produce. I have caught Bass, Pike, Crappie, dogfish and even gills try to take them. I have even had good luck with them _and other snagproof lures-catching big bullfrogs. They love them.

Thanks for all the information and posts guys :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread