tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You talking the town of Medicine Bow or the Mountains? If it's the town, it's beginnings exists from the time of the first Trans continental rail road. I've driven back and forth on highway 30 from Laramie to where it dumps out again west on I80, which is the old Lincoln highway quite a few times, just to take a trip back in time. I've always wanted to possibly locate and hunt the old, Hell in Wheels towns that where there and gone with the progression of the advancing railroad across the country. From the story's I've read about those support camps you understand why they got the name of Hell on Wheels. Prostitution, Gambling, Murderers and Swindlers all followed those towns to get that pay out of the pokes of those railroad workers.

This is one post I did some time ago where I featured a trip through Medicare Bow, Wyoming

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
You talking the town of Medicine Bow or the Mountains? If it's the town, it's beginnings exists from the time of the first Trans continental rail road. I've driven back and forth on highway 30 from Laramie to where it dumps out again west on I80, which is the old Lincoln highway quite a few times, just to take a trip back in time. I've always wanted to possibly locate and hunt the old, Hell in Wheels towns that where there and gone with the progression of the advancing railroad across the country. From the story's I've read about those support camps you understand why they got the name of Hell on Wheels. Prostitution, Gambling, Murderers and Swindlers all followed those towns to get that pay out of the pokes of those railroad workers.

This is one post I did some time ago where I featured a trip through Medicare Bow, Wyoming
Thanks tamrock! I Actually will be going to Saratoga, just a hop over to Medicine Bow.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks tamrock! I Actually will be going to Saratoga, just a hop over to Medicine Bow.
Saratoga was a mining district at one time. I believe there was even some placer gold options also. I stopped by a little museum they had with some old mine equipment I believe quite a few years ago. I hope you can make a run over to Guernsey and see the old overland wagon ruts along with the inscriptions in the cliff left by travelers many years ago. Also east of Guernsey is the old Ft. Laramie which is fascinating to me. All that cost nothing. I was just up in Wyoming last week to do a relay delivery with a coworker in Casper. Didn't take but one picture and this is it. I enjoy the emptiness of Wyoming. It was rather cool and misty that day.

Attachments

• 20230706_100108.jpg
    20230706_100108.jpg
    558 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Saratoga was a mining district at one time. I believe there was even some placer gold options also. I stopped by a little museum they had with some old mine equipment I believe quite a few years ago. I hope you can make a run over to Guernsey and see the old overland wagon ruts along with the inscriptions in the cliff left by travelers many years ago. Also east of Guernsey is the old Ft. Laramie which is fascinating to me. All that cost nothing. I was just up in Wyoming last week to do a relay delivery with a coworker in Casper. Didn't take but one picture and this is it. I enjoy the emptiness of Wyoming. It was rather cool and misty that day.
I will try to make a point of visiting these places. I will be there for 10 days. :icon_thumleft:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will try to make a point of visiting these places. I will be there for 10 days. :icon_thumleft:
Wait, Encampment a town south of Saratoga was the place of past mining activity.

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chug Water
I think thats between Laramie a and Medicine Bow
my uncle had 13,000 acres on left before you enter Saratoga building near hwy was stage stop
Elk mt 10 miles to his cabin bottom land along N Platte R and mt land
WOLF HOTEL a must place to eat been 40 yrs may be gone hot springs also

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions