Any good ideas for girlscout training treats?

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi everyone, I have posted a couple recipes but I'm not the greatest cook. I took on being a girl scout leader because our school has trouble keeping a troop going. We've been meeting in the cafeteria once a month for the little brownies. The other leader does the crafts, I do a food prep with them. We made no bake cookies last month and this month we're making a snack mix. The difficult part is that we can't use any facilities aside from a microwave. Do you guys have any ideas? There are 15 of us, I have to carry the ingredients in and I can't wash up afterwards. Any up for the challenge?
Thanks!
Sara

jetshark

Greenie
Feb 15, 2008
Ohio/Florida
Detector(s) used
Various (mostly whites)
My daughter Emily is 8 years old, and she is a Brownie. I told her your dilemma and she has informed me that you could make smores. They are easy to make in a microwave. They are not a lot a mess just as long as you watch so that the marshmellows don't get too big while microwaving. She said it is fun to make them because the girls can add the chocolate and put the top grahm cracker piece on once they come out of the microwave. She told me it was very cool how big the marshmellows blow up in the microwave as well when you cook them.

She also said that smores are a Brownies traditional food because in wilderness they can't make Brownies, but they can make smores...hmmmm. Hard to go wrong when you belong to a group that would consider a smore a traditional food!

Spoken like a true 8 year old Brownie!

I hope this helps!

JetShark

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Rice Krispie treats are easy to make in the microwave. I make them at work every day and only use the microwave. You just melt the butter and marshmallows and then mix in the Krispies. You can add peanut butter if you like and after they are mixed you can also melt chocolate chips in the microwave and spread it on top of them. There are unlimited ways to add to them also, mini m+m's. nuts, raisins, coconut...whatever you feel like. It would be a good project for them and they could be creative with it.

Have fun, Charlie

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about having them make a special hot chocolate mix you could bag up and send home. You know what I mean. Coca powder sugar a little cinnamin maybe some malt. Shave chocolate and dried marshmellows separate pack.

Or, You could make those chocolate no bake cookies.

Or Rice crispy treats.

Look for no bake stuff online. you'll soon have a years worth of projects for them.

OP
OP
E59

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the ideas! The smores one made me want to smack my forehead, duh, why didn't I think of that . They will love them.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I left the recieps I was thinking of at work the whole thing is micro-wave stuff I'll look and bring it home tomorroe and let you know.
You've already gotton some great ideas on here , with rhe hot choclate you can add pepermint, the kids love smashing the candies ! ;D

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
no cook apple smiles ; use apple slices spread peanut butter on the slices, add mini marshmellows for the teeth add another apple peanut buter for top lip. fun to make, healthy & kids love them. & of course make sure no one is allergic to peanuts!

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fresh Mushroom Nachos

1/4 lb fresh mushrooms sliced
1/2 pkg tortilla chips
1 cup shredded montery jack
1 cup shredded cheddar
taco sauce (optinal)
1/4 c hot peppers (optinal)

mushrooms in micosave dish cover
nuke on high 2 to 2 1/2 min.
spread chips of safe dish, sprinkle with mushrooms and cheeses
nuke on high 30 to 50 seconds til cheeses are melted
serve immediately
garnish with the other items if you want

I brought the microwave recipes box home I will keep looking for some more that would be kind quick to do at meetings!

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about some candy??

Cream Cheese Mints

8 oz. cream cheese
2 Tbsp. half-half
1/4 c soft butter
1 okg (15oz) white creamy frosting mix
1 tsp peppermint extract ( food coloring, as desired)

Soften cream cheese med. high about 2 min.

Add butter and h/h nuke 45 to 60 sec. med/high heat til buttered softened
STIR at least once

Add frosting mix

nuke high about 2 min. stirring and wiking until mixture is creamy

let stand 2 min

add peppermint extract and food coloring

Roll mix into balls or drop by tsp onto waxed paper thats dusted with powdered sugar if desired

Press with fork for decortive design if desiried

Let mint sit at room temp about 4 hours

You can also dip mint in melted choclate!

I know the stand time is kind long , but I think they could still take them home in like little homemade containers of foil, then wrapped in colored tissue or platic stiff cellofane that would work for Easter!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
You could light a couple of candles and let them make smore's...... :)

Or
Buy fat peanut butter pretzels ....then melt chocolate chips in microwave and dip pretzels in chocolate ....or if you had a fondue pan...you could melt cheese and salsa and let them dip crackers or veggies.....

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Melt carmel in the microwave and get some crushed nuts, some wood sticks, and some apples. ;D

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Mini Pizzas

Take a package of English Muffins...lightly toast......Let each girl put her own sauce ,cheese,olives onions and mozzarella cheese on them and then melt in microwave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread