Any good places to search in Central Florida?

mikey78

Greenie
Sep 11, 2004
Hello everyone. I got my Minelab Explorer a few months ago, and it has sat in the garage most of them time. I have not found anything with it except for clad. I have been to the beaches a few times, but would like to search somewhere on dry land. It seems that most places in Central florida are fairly new. I have not found any old park or any open public fields. Does anyone know of any good areas in Central Florida i can search. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

OP
OP
M

mikey78

Greenie
Sep 11, 2004
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, the Central Florida Fairgrounds is in the same exact location. Most weekends now, they have junk flea markets outside, people selling used hubcaps and whatever other garbage they can find. Im sure if i got permission to hunt there, i would spend most of the time digging up screws and wire. I do appreciate your help though

P

Pooley

I live about 75 miles south of Orlando in Avon Park. I know of quite a few places here in Highlands county that are pretty old and most have not been searched. I am going today to an old farmhouse sight dating to the late 1800s. Never been hunted before, house was tore down about 8 years ago. Plus I have a few other old homes and beaches here to search. Right now I am in the process of securing permission to hunt an old hotel from the early 1900s that sat on a lake here in Highlands county, another location that has not been searched. I have found many historic places to hunt here via the web.

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
i grew up around cocoa beach,the place was always packed.if you get over there try around the boardwalk area,or go alittle farther north to jetty park,alot of events are held there and alot of camping etc.

peace,bigrig

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
Mikey, where are you in Central FL??? I'm having the same problem. I live around the UCF/Union Park area. The last few days I've been doing a lot of internet research and have come up with some promising areas, but who knows when I'll get to them! I've hit Jetty Park a couple of times, but each time I've gone there, another metal detectorist is always there. I think he hits the jetty daily.

vicki

M

MikeH

;) If you type into your search browser the keywords i.e.: Florida fairs and festivals-you will eventually locate the site which has the address of every county fairground in Florida. Good luck!

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in North Central florida, got quite a few places up this way we plan on hitting some private proerty up soon, lots of history in that area......let me know..maybe can come with us....Gregg..HHMarion county..

DARKPI88

Feb 9, 2007
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
vic910 said:
Mikey, where are you in Central FL??? I'm having the same problem. I live around the UCF/Union Park area. The last few days I've been doing a lot of internet research and have come up with some promising areas, but who knows when I'll get to them! I've hit Jetty Park a couple of times, but each time I've gone there, another metal detectorist is always there. I think he hits the jetty daily.

vicki

HI, I LIVE IN WATERFORD LAKES AND HAVE LIVED IN FLORIDA FOR 29 YEARS. I HAVE RESEARCHED SOME SITES AND WOULD SUGGEST THE SMALL VILLAGE OF GENEVA. 20 MIN. NORTH EAST OF OVEIDO. IT'S HISTORY DATES BACK TO THE TIMUCUAN INDIANS 500 BC. IN PARTICULAR FORT LANE PARK. IT WAS A HUB BUB OF ACTIVITY IN THE 1800'S TOO MUCH TO WRITE ABOUT BUT YOU CAN GO TO www.usgennet.org/usa/fl/county/seminole/Geneva FOR MORE INFO. HOPE THAT HELPS. IF YOUR INTERESTED IN A DIGGING BUDDY, I'M AVAILABLE! 8)

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey pooley, need some company? Im staying here in Avon park until March 12. Im using a DFX and would like to hunt some older sites. Drop me a note if your interested. I know the fair is going on here at the fairgrounds, ever detected there?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread