Any help is appreciated! Been metal detecting fort years.. My first field hunt for ar

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say it that you are on a really good site. You are finding tons of worked flakes. I see a few broken bases. I think some of that material is called Jasper. Not my area so not sure. You will do well to continue hunting that spot. On your flakes look for secondary edge work and you may have some scrappers in there. Nice hunt.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice stuff. And yes, it is all jasper, which is a variety of quartz. A few of the items are complete knives. It looks like you are in a workshop area. When I was in Murfreesboro a few years ago the jaspers were everywhere. Now you need to find where they lived and hunted to get the points.

OP
OP
dirtfishinMS

dirtfishinMS

Nov 29, 2017
Harrisville, MS
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Garret Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great reply man. I'm definitely hooked! Gotta explore this area more deeply!

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That material looks like Citronelle. Are you near the MS River? From the looks of the stuff you found you were on a quarry site. Lots of reject bifaces and flakes but few or no points. The red pieces look like they've been heat treated. Are they glossier than the yellow ones? You found where they quarried, now go find where they lived! Gary

OP
OP
dirtfishinMS

dirtfishinMS

Nov 29, 2017
Harrisville, MS
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Garret Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That material looks like Citronelle. Are you near the MS River? From the looks of the stuff you found you were on a quarry site. Lots of reject bifaces and flakes but few or no points. The red pieces look like they've been heat treated. Are they glossier than the yellow ones? You found where they quarried, now go find where they lived! Gary
The red ones are a little more glossy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread