✅ SOLVED Any idea on what this is? I found it by a Pavilion at a lake park. Not an Artifact.

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went hunting today and found this (circled in red) almost five (5) inches deep.

It has the word "METRIC" in a arch around the top and a Curved Line at the bottom (like a smiley face) and is made of thick Aluminum.

02_19_2020_BHT4_CoE_Pav_0002.JPG 02_19_2020_BHT4_CoE_Pav_0003.JPG

Thanks.
-DH-

Last edited:
OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could it be a old car lug nut cover View attachment 1803721

Good guess. It actually could be a lug nut cover that has been detached from a Wheel Cover (Hubcap) and the word METRIC is stamped on it to let the technician know that it is a metric lug.

Cheers.
-DH-

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I may of had a :BangHead: moment. What say ye to it being a Metric Cap to remove stripped Metric Lug Nuts?

Cheers.
-DH-

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Certainly seems to be an artifact. I don't think it grew that way naturally.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me put this in perspective. Charlie P. posted the following comment;

Certainly seems to be an artifact. I don't think it grew that way naturally.
======================================================================================================================

My ORIGINAL response was;

OK, OK, I should of said, "Not an OLD Artifact." but, you obviously knew what I meant. Sometimes the fingers do not catch everything the brain is thinking... And, does anyone REALLY care besides you?

Cheers.
-DH-

=======================================================================================================================

Then Charlie P. posted;

Probably. I can't be the only site member who abhors misleading thread topics to generate more interest than is justified.

Have a nice day.

=======================================================================================================================

I then edited my original post to reflect the following response - Yup, I should of did a separate post and that is my mistake.

It was an HONEST mistake and I sure don't need you accusing me of something that I would never do!

I'm on here for the enjoyment of the hobby, something which you obviously have become way too serious about.

And... I will have the kind of day I want to have, not the day you suggest I have.

Poof! You are gone!

Cheers.
-DH-
OK, now EVERYONE knows exactly how it went. Even though I did not have to explain myself on this, and wasn't going to, but maybe this will explain why things get blown out of context. This is why I choose NOT to be a part of FB or any other like media.

Cheers.
-DH-

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably. I can't be the only site member who abhors misleading thread topics to generate more interest than is justified.

Have a nice day.

Upvote 0

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, OK, I should of said, "Not an OLD Artifact." but, you obviously knew what I meant. Sometimes the fingers do not catch everything the brain is thinking... And, does anyone REALLY care besides you? It was an HONEST mistake and I sure don't need you accusing me of something that I would never do!

I'm on here for the enjoyment of the hobby, something which you obviously have become way too serious about.

And... I will have the kind of day I want to have, not the day you suggest I have.

Poof! You are gone!

Cheers.
-DH-

For the life of me I can't see you getting any enjoyment from anything with that response. Would a smiley-face at the end of Charlies post have enlightened you to the fact that he was just trying to be humorous?
Thanks for the heads-up to NEVER resort to humor when replying to your posts.
Have a day.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the life of me I can't see you getting any enjoyment from anything with that response. Would a smiley-face at the end of Charlies post have enlightened you to the fact that he was just trying to be humorous?
Thanks for the heads-up to NEVER resort to humor when replying to your posts.
Have a day.

I suppose you did not see the original post(s) prior to my editing the post you responded to. Maybe I should of left the post in it's original form and did a separate post so you would know the rest of the story but, I didn't think that someone would come along put their two cents in on a comment they knew absolutely nothing about.

I didn't think I joined FB and NOW I will ignore all asinine comments!

Lesson learned.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Diggin' History

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BEAR??

Upvote 0

Plug N Play

Bronze Member
Aug 23, 2014
California
Detector(s) used
De Havilland Canada DHC-7-102 Dash 7 - Fugro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sort of like this ? I don't know :

DCMatt runs a small shop. He brings his pet bear to work. The shop does OK, but it can't bring in enough to also support the bear. Sadly, the bear loses weight, grows pale, and begins to fade away.

DC needs to find a way to save the shop and still feed the bear.

Diggin' is walking down the street and spots a sandwich board sign that says "FREE BEER". Lucky day, eh ?

Diggin's last word was, "BEAR??".

(A simple miscommunication)
Bears love it.

Now whadaya say we all head over to DC's for that free beer.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions