Any ideas on the right metal detector to get?

Landlord Jim

Jul 20, 2012
Oakland County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i,Vx3,DFX,MXT Pro,Prizm 5G, CM Pro,Beach Hunter 300 and Bounty Hunter 202.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One to consider is the White's MXT All Pro with the MAX MXT coil. The coil is 15 inches wide and will find down to 3-4 feet.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is no metal detector on the market that will see through aluminum for gold. At 24" deep, you'll need a powerful VLF with a BIG coil, or a pulse induction unit - GOOD LUCK!

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is no metal detector on the market that will see through aluminum for gold. At 24" deep, you'll need a powerful VLF with a BIG coil, or a pulse induction unit - GOOD LUCK!

That's why it's still lost :)

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you can rent superman by the hour..

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Why buy an expensive detector when you can just make a new friend, WHO ALREADY OWNS AN EXPENSIVE DETECTOR?

Hey, for a small cut of the take, you could make a whole lot of new friends. Just make sure they submit a picture of the detector and level of experience on the new Friend Resume.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions