Any Ideas where to hunt near Emmitsburg??

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks, I will be making my yearly pilgrimage to the National Fire Academy in Emmittsburg Maryland in March, 2010 and I really want to do a little detecting while I am there this time. I will have most evenings free for 1 week, from about 5-5:30 to dark so I figure at least 2-3 hours good hunting time. Does anyone know of some places around there that I could hunt, even over the PA line would be ok. Sucks to be that close to Gettysburg and not even get to hunt anywhere. I would love to hunt the actual grounds that the NFA are on, it is an old all girls Catholic school dating to the 1800's, oh yeah I am sure there are some great finds there that I have to walk right over,but they would never let met hunt there. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and if anyone lives near the area that would be willing to let me tag along, I would be glad to repay the favor if you ever get down to TN. Thanks in Advance.

Dirt Junkie

Jan 31, 2009
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Out of Harrisburg, I occasionally get to Emmitsburg for training as well -- though not since I started techt'in a little over a year ago. I conducted an extensive search of the area and it is should be a target rich environment -- even from the 1700's. You stated however that you didn't think they would let you techt on the property. Do you know this for certain? They've got a lot of ground at EMI. I'm looking forward to making a trip there next year and I am also interested in finding out if techt'in is allowed on EMI or other locations in the immediate area. Looking forward to seeing what comes of this post or feel free to PM separately.

--Dirt Junkie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions