Any ideas

MLively

Jan 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ehynuhu5.jpg
2u5aryja.jpg

Any ideas? I found this while looking for Indian artifacts. It doesn't point north, it's probably 20 degrees out. There is an old still site to the east, but nothing else close by. The still is probably 30-40 yards away. I also took a metal detector but I didn't know how to use it 100% at the time. I now am proficient on how to use it but haven't got back to it yet. Yet being the key word lol. If you have seen a sign like this or know of any ideas for me to try out, please feel free to give advice or opinions. Thanks in advance and HH

Proud to be a Texan!

OP
OP
MLively

MLively

Jan 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't know what it means,but good job spotting it,and photoing it,and sharing it.

No problem, it defiantly stuck out to me anyway. Everything else runs parallel except that formation. Got to check for any other signs out around it

Proud to be a Texan!

chkn

Apr 12, 2010
It doesn't point at the still in any way? If not, it's probably been around a lot longer.

OP
OP
MLively

MLively

Jan 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes one leg is extending toward the still, just was hoping there mite be more to it than that. I will take the ATP out and search again.

Proud to be a Texan!

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The dark stones in the photos might be forming words in another language, such as Hebrew. Check out the symbol shown in the thread, "Aztec Mystery Symbol", then scroll down to post #14 made by Bob, and read his comment. The stones in your pics.......especially the left one, sure have a similar look to them.

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Various people have used various methods to help them recover the goods. I wouldn't get too crazy about the meaning of the particular pattern was used to lay out those stones…unless you're enjoying yourself. I would simply run the metal detector in the area and have fun. Good luck.

I understand that this is a forum of treasure marks and signs, but those are few and far in between, and SOMETHING needs to keep this forum going. ERGO, everyone thinks their trail sign, or signs of previous activity, will lead to treasure.

OP
OP
MLively

MLively

Jan 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I appreciate all the comments. There is a hill side near by, with the still location on it. It's all in the cedar breaks, and they are 8-12 foot tall so trying to take pictures of the surrounding area, wouldn't show you anything other than cedars.

Proud to be a Texan!

chkn

Apr 12, 2010
Well those old bootleggers hid their money a lot I'm sure. Do you see any other interesting rock signs elsewhere there? This one almost looks like a cross. Maybe those other legs point to something else? I would think the hill side would be a good place to look or any place in the direction of where each leg is pointing. Look for interesting groupings of larger stones/boulders.

bonuntr

Jun 7, 2012
Utah's Outback
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 LE, Garrett Eagle Eye Deepseeker, Goldbug 2, Bounty Hunter 505, Whites Super 500 Deepseeker, (old, but fun)!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice....great job! Even if it is modern, you never know what someone has been up to leaving the rocks in that array. The treasure is in unlocking the mystery of why they were left. And...once in a while maybe????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread