Any Illinois prospectors out there?

Hardrock

May 25, 2004
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, with sunray probe,Minelab SE,Eureka Gold
Hi: I read the posts and do not post too often but just wondered if any Illini THers out there prospect too. I have been detecting for over 35 years and prospecting the same. Started that out in South Dakota and traveled far and wide in search of gold,and treasures too. Been fortunate and am retiring this summer. Headed back to claims in Alaska to work for 5 to 6 weeks this summer but in the mean time I detect here in Northwest Illinois. I sold Whites, fisher, Compass,A.H. Pro,and Bounty Hunter detectors over the years and getting into selling again, Prospecting equipment mostly. But wondered if anyone out there gets into the prospecting end of it? :coffee2: :icon_profileleft:
Hardrock

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Hey Hardrock,
Have detected near Apache Junction with an old Dutchman. Saw the weekender dry wash piles all about and have always wanted to learn the art. When you make it this far east (Elgin area) it would be great to have a seminar.

Have you been out to Apple River Canyon? Hunted there in the past with some good washout finds, apparent large spill cache washout in the early 90's flood. Lots of depression area coins in the rocks at the canyon bottom, all appeared to be only recently dumped into the water. Looking forward to a late spring/early summer road trip hunt out there to go after Millville leftovers.

Mar 7, 2008
NM.MT.
Detector(s) used
Minelab,GP3500,Whites,TM 808
Hardrock said:
Hi: I read the posts and do not post too often but just wondered if any Illini THers out there prospect too. I have been detecting for over 35 years and prospecting the same. Started that out in South Dakota and traveled far and wide in search of gold,and treasures too. Been fortunate and am retiring this summer. Headed back to claims in Alaska to work for 5 to 6 weeks this summer but in the mean time I detect here in Northwest Illinois. I sold Whites, fisher, Compass,A.H. Pro,and Bounty Hunter detectors over the years and getting into selling again, Prospecting equipment mostly. But wondered if anyone out there gets into the prospecting end of it? :coffee2: :icon_profileleft:
Hardrock
hey hardrock i also do i little prospecting i have 6 gold and 4 sapphire mines in MT. and like you im going to retire and start working them this spring full time as for prospecting here in Il. never have there just wasnt enough movement in this part of the midwest
if ya ever care to chat 847-526-7497
i know some good spots here in IL.for THing tho
Blacke

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread