any info on depth of the 5900 di pro

scottofmich

Greenie
Apr 8, 2010
I have a whites di pro with the blue max coil and i don't seem to be marking any coins as deep as i would have thought i should be. My freind has an ace 250 and kicks my butt finding things a foot down while mine doesn't show anything there. I find lots of stuff up to 4 inches down but after that it's very rare. Is there another coil i can buy that would increase my depth or should i just buy something else?

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there's some then wrong there that detector should find a penny at 14 inches,are you ground balancing rite.are you in all metal.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
liftloop said:
there's some then wrong there that detector should find a penny at 14 inches,are you ground balancing rite.are you in all metal.
Yes i agree with liftloop
I have used a 6000/DI PRO SL for years and the DIs hunt very deep...you can Grouhd Bal ONLY in GEB NORM be in all Per sets, is you want hunt in all metal use GEB SAT it runs smoother it will still get very deep make sure to show it the air 3ft high and than the ground make sure the coil is on the ground and there is no metal in the ground,, and let in in gorund till you learn the machine better.
.....or its broke ... is so im sorry.... maybe be worth gettin it looked at
thanks Gary G.A.P.metal

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
I had a 6000 Pro XL, somewhat similar to the 5900. It got a signal to 6" but at that depth it said everything was a silver dollar.

Ace 250 I get 4" tops. If your friend really finds things down a foot down with Ace 250, are they coin-sized things or larger objects? I've never seen a claim of a Ace 250 getting coins down 12" even in unmineralized Florida beach sand. Which coil is your friend using? Larger coils usually go deeper.

I've used dozens of detectors over the past 34+ years & admit I dig only probable coin signals & use discrimination, but I've never found any coins over 7" deep. HH, George (MN)

dfg4240

Jun 26, 2008
Pittsford,NY
Detector(s) used
whites eagle Spectrum. Mxt, Silver umax, Bandido ll umax, X-terra 70, Xterra-705, fisher F5, fisher CZ-70 pro
(3)Tejons, 3-Cibola, Teknetics T2, minelab Safari. Minelab SE Pro, Fisher CZ-3d. (2)el
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi
I had the XL pro for quite awhile with three coils and it was deep,very deep and when it said nickle-9 out of ten times it was a nickle-I sold it because it was getting to be a little heavy for me and wanted to move on to something else. I should have kept it because it ranked right up there with the best. Listen to what liftloop says. he's right
goodluck
dfg4240

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread