Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was reading some threads and I didn’t realize so much information could come from a marble so I thought I’d throw my two recent finds out there to see if I can’t learn anything about them. Thanks for looking.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558987881.855979.jpg
This one was laying on the river bed in an overflow Chanel
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558987908.892282.jpg
This one I found nearly 12in down while I was digging up a barrel loop that I had detected.

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Nice! It is amazing how wide the marble collecting world is... who would have thought these random balls of glass could be recognized, attributed to a maker, and even to an era!

Your first marble is a Vitro Conqueror. They were made in the 1940s and named in support of the Allies efforts in WWII. They remained popular for a couple more decades. The second one looks like a Peltier Peerless Patch, maybe in the "realer" category if it's translucent. 1930s for that. The blue one is also a Peltier, called a rainbo. They were 1940s-60s or so and were made in many many color combinations.

Fun finds, good luck hunting! Feel free to share more if you have em.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Older The Better

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome I have a pet project of working out the history of my family land those are some great little bits of information to add

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a cool way to collect family history

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread