Any information on the Sandbluff treasure?

Leco

Dec 9, 2009
Calera, Ok
Detector(s) used
Garrett CSI 250 (Because I thought it was a ACE 250)
I was wondering if any of you Okies know much of this story. In the early 1900s a group of outlaws stole jewelry, gold, and silver valuing at the time over 100k. The leader of the gang was said to have buried it near the ghost town of Sandbluff. I have only came across two bits of information on the internet. One source said it was buried in a crate about a mile off an old military road near Boggy Creek. The other source said it was buried in a wooden cart between a lake (possibly Grassy Lake) and Boggy Creek.

My Grandmother owns a fairly large amount of land on boggy creek. I have been researching her property for several months now and have found that a road went through there. Travelers could go from Boggy Depot to Fort Towson on this road. Historicaerials.com is awesome. Across boggy from one section of her land is Grassy Lake, and my folks are pretty good friends with the property owners.

So does anybody else have any info on this legend. I find it fascinating. Not just that legend, but the history of the whole area. She has eight different homesites on her property that we know of, some of which were standing when she moved there 60 years ago, and some of which she had no idea was there (I say again, Historicaerials.com is awesome). I'm getting off subject. So anyways... I might decide to go look for this treasure, I might not. Honestly I don't think it is there and I probably wouldn't find it if it was. Its all about the romance for me. And the history.

Oh yeah, location.... Sand Bluff is located in either Choctaw or Atoka County. When I googled Sandbluff some sites showed Atoka and some show Choctaw. Grassy Lake is in Choctaw County and so is my grandmothers land.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions