Any Lego experts out there?

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
Slim pickin's last Saturday but I did pick up one item I should do OK on. I found a Harry Potter Lego box with one end torn off. Inside I found these:

DSC06604.JPG

I paid $5 for the box and contents. I think I will do well on the instruction books but I'm not sure about the unopened packs of Legos. They are clearly from at least 2 different themes (Harry Potter and Atlantis) and they are only a portion of what would have been included in the full set. Does anybody have any idea if the fact that these packs are unopened add any additional value?

By the way, I was apparently just a few minutes late at this sale. When I asked about the Lego box, the lady said, "Are you interested in the rest of the Legos? There is a big gray bin around here somewhere that's full of Legos." We couldn't find the bin. Apparently, her husband had sold the bin to someone else a few minutes before I arrived. Bummer.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I do when I find LEGOs like that I have a box I toss them in. After some time I have enough to sell bulk. However.... the bags with minifigures get opened up and the minifigures go into a separate box. It takes awhile to build up (for me anyway) and I have always made a nice profit. Just have to remember not to pay a lot for them.

OP
OP
T

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
What I do when I find LEGOs like that I have a box I toss them in. After some time I have enough to sell bulk. However.... the bags with minifigures get opened up and the minifigures go into a separate box. It takes awhile to build up (for me anyway) and I have always made a nice profit. Just have to remember not to pay a lot for them.

Do you sell them by the pound? If so, what is an appropriate amount?

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you sell them by the pound? If so, what is an appropriate amount?

Yes I do, I try to sell about 5 - 6 dollars a pound. I am a little lower than most but I want to sell them not hold on to them. I also use priority mail boxes to ship.

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I haven't really bought any Lego yet but that will help estimate amounts/values.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I do, I try to sell about 5 - 6 dollars a pound. I am a little lower than most but I want to sell them not hold on to them. I also use priority mail boxes to ship.
I do not try to use priority BOX, use the padded priority bubble envelope. You can fit a lot more in them and the ebay postage price is just under $6.00
Right now I have auctions going, I can fit 25 cellphones in one bag. The $6.00 box would be lucky to fit 10 small cells.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread