Any Maps of Farms in Lower Makefield Bucks County late 1800s?

Archaic98

Tenderfoot
Nov 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in a house built circa 1906 in Lower Makefield. Obviously, it and others in the neighborhood sit on "chopped up" farmland. Would like to know my house's physical relationship (proximity) to the original farmhouses and buildings. I have to assume the barns and outbuildings have been razed, and I don't see any houses that resemble farmhouses of the period.

Hours of searching turned up only one certain fact: There were three farms in the area. That's it, nothing else. Not even sure who the owners were. Also, I know that in some cases, farmland could be quite a distance from the farmer's actual abode.

Coincidentally, my mother-in-law's house (6 blocks away) is a converted stone stable, and I'm assuming it belongs to one of the three farms, but can't pin it down. Either I'm really rotten at searching, or there just isn't any information available.

Any ideas how to find a position map of Bucks County farms in the late 1800s?

lrgcent

Sep 8, 2010
Tioga County, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites Prizm IV, Pistol Probe Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Archaic98, I have had luck with Maptec Historical Topo Maps and also Penn Penn Pilot.psu for PA sites

OP
OP
A

Archaic98

Tenderfoot
Nov 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great information guys. Thank you very much.

lawsonland

Oct 1, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Currently use CTX, Excalibur
Have used V3I, DFX, BHID, ATX, Etrac, TDI, Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
I'm in trevose not too far. Go to NETR Online • Historic Aerials and you can overlay the old and new aerial shots

Its a great site and use it all the time to see what was there to whats there today

Let me know if you ever need a hunting partner, in the warm weather I have a place down the shore to hit the beach

Jon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread