Any MP MPX Pro reviews?

Massbaycolonist

Apr 15, 2006
Massachusetts
Greetings. Other than daniel74868's 10 minute eval of the MPX Pro (sorry about your experience with the MPX Pro, dan), are there any reviews of the MPX Pro? Or would anyone who has tested one like to write a brief review of it?
The MPX runs at around 14 kHz, so it should be very good on low conductivity such as gold jewelery. Sounds like the build quality is an issue, though.

OP
OP
Massbaycolonist

Massbaycolonist

Apr 15, 2006
Massachusetts
Massbaycolonist said:
Greetings. Other than daniel74868's 10 minute eval of the MPX Pro (sorry about your experience with the MPX Pro, dan), are there any reviews of the MPX Pro? Or would anyone who has tested one like to write a brief review of it?
The MPX runs at around 14 kHz, so it should be very good on low conductivity such as gold jewelery. Sounds like the build quality is an issue, though.
I'm not sure how impartial this review is:
http://www.kellycodetectors.com/Field Test Reports/mpxFT.htm

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
I had the MPX Pro (10" coil). It air tested 7" on a coin but in my moderately mineralized soil, at a normal sweep speed, it would not consistently beep on a dime planted 3" deep. I found out it would consistently beep on the 3" deep dime if I increased the sweep speed to 8 feet per second! The ID was always 50c the highest possible which is often the reading a detector gives when it has no idea what it is. They agreed to a refund less shipping. HH, George (MN)

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Massbay,
I hope that the review helped you! We are running a contest right now on metal detector reviews that fellow detectorists are sending in. We are going to post some of those in the coming weeks. That may help you a little better and no one can say it is a bias opinion!!
KellycoChick

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Myself i would not touch a ..MP..or a ..MPX.. and if you get one i don't think you will be that happy stick with the name brands..............................................==Jim==

deepfoot

Greenie
Mar 19, 2010
Parksville, BC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't work for Kellyco and I don't have friends who work there.

But I do have an MPx digital with both coils, 8inch and 10 inch, I prefer the 8 inch.

A great machine with excellent pin pointing and good depth.

Dimes, I dug 5 this morning among other things, so it gets dimes, some of which are deep, plus all the other coins. Sure it likes pennies, because that's what there is lots of no matter what machine is being used.

Whether it's rings or coins, relics or toy cars etc. etc. you'll find them if you take your time and have a systematic approach...but the whole idea is to have fun.

All this stuff about my machine is better than yours wears a bit thin, it's a bit like guns, my gun shoots straighter than yours....no, one of us is just a better shooter. lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions