Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought a bunch of 45s at the TS. Old Country maybe 60s and 70s. After looking at what it takes to get a record ready for mailing it may not be worth the time and effort. Yes if I had a valuable one it would but these are common and going for 2 - 3 per. If any one buys records what do you expect in the shipping of the records? Other than not getting broke.

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a box that I'm getting ready to put some on. Look at the completed auctions on ebay to see what they are selling for. I have seen some that go for some good money. The buyer must know something I don't.

I mainly have LPs but I also have a box of 45s. Here is a site for you...
How Much are Your Old Records Really Worth?

Next I'm going to have to figure out how to make a box to ship them. Can't afford to buy boxes...yes, they make them.
Good luck

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have sold some in the past. We have a local music store and they sell a lot of guitars. In their dumpster was boxes that hold guitars... long and skinny. I would cut them down. Put the record inside of a plastic bag or if you really want to get creative, bubble wrap and then take two pieces of cardboard and tape it around the edges. Weighed it and sent it out. Never had a problem.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Expect to take on more risk than normal when shipping records. Some will break, it is just inevitable. Don't let USPS tell you you have to use any form of shipping other than Media Mail (unless you specifically want priority, etc). Don't bother shipping a record unless it is worth $10 or more. Of course that is my opinion. Condition is 1000% everything with records. Grade conservatively. You will get burned if you advertise a scratched up record as "mint". If you do not know what you are doing, you are better off not using any grade above VG+ even if it looks unplayed. VG is considered average played grade and allows for some (non major) flaws. Messed up records would automatically be in the G range or worse. No one buys records below G. Serious record collectors will be very cautious/suspicious when buying a record graded as "Mint". If a sleeve has visible mold, throw it away unless it is extremely rare/valuable.

IMO, country 45s from the 60's/70's sounds like a losing proposition.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions