cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mark all my halves with one stripe of a blue perm marker. After about 30 seconds it turns purple. I have done this to about 45000 halves since Jan 1st of this year. I always get my full boxes at BofA but never dump there to avoid cross-contamination.

Last night I got my first marked coin back in a box I got from a BofA about 15 miles from where I live. (I order my full boxes at a local BofA but was coin hunting last weekend at that bank had a box to sell)

When I pull the coins out of the wrapper I always look at the edges to see if anyone has done any marking. So somehow coins dumped (at least one so far) at Well Fargo and Banko Popular are ending up at BofA. BofA has their own coin vault that all of their coins come from.

Upvote 0

keithinvestigations

Mar 21, 2007
Ellisville, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 LE
cyberdan said:
I mark all my halves with one stripe of a blue perm marker. After about 30 seconds it turns purple. I have done this to about 45000 halves since Jan 1st of this year. I always get my full boxes at BofA but never dump there to avoid cross-contamination.

Last night I got my first marked coin back in a box I got from a BofA about 15 miles from where I live. (I order my full boxes at a local BofA but was coin hunting last weekend at that bank had a box to sell)

When I pull the coins out of the wrapper I always look at the edges to see if anyone has done any marking. So somehow coins dumped (at least one so far) at Well Fargo and Banko Popular are ending up at BofA. BofA has their own coin vault that all of their coins come from.

Yep, I just picked up about 60 rolls that I had personally marked and dumped at another bank across town. I started not to buy them but I felt stupid for asking to buy everything they had and then after seeing them changing my mind. I went through a few rolls but determined without a doubt that I had marked them.

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Mine are showing up at every bank in town. There are about 8 banks here, and hardly any rolls of halves. I've put 300 rolls into circulation here the past 30 days, now they are popping up everywhere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions