any one know

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
unlucky said:
any one know a good way to make your own sand scoop.

Welcome to T-Net unlucky. Check out the tool shed forum. Good luck. :icon_scratch:

Randy

OP
OP
U

unlucky

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2009
thanks that was very helpful. headed to Clare area in Michigan to visit father in law thought i would try out my ace 250 on a small beach. hope i find something good. so far found all clad and one 1934 wheat Pennie. something has to give!

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
go to Walmart go to the pet food section an look for a" feed scoop",they run about $4 take it home drill what ever size holes an as many as you want in it ,I've made 5 so far an have requests from friends for more.hope this helps :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• FeedScoop.jpg
    FeedScoop.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 284
  • FeedScoop.jpg
    FeedScoop.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 276

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got one just like it. It does the job and it's lite weight easy to carry.

Sniper1K

Feb 20, 2009
Souf Cakalack
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505, Excalibur 1000
The smallish galvanized hand scoops are fairly well made. I would recommend a metal one for any serious digging. You can get one for like $20. The long handled ones are a different story. I am currently looking to get one and you can spend anywhere from $75 to $300 for one. Looked absolutely everywhere and could find any on the cheap. If you have the resources, I would make one. Hope the input helps. Let me know if you find anything outstanding.

Good luck,

Mike

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tank69 said:
go to Walmart go to the pet food section an look for a" feed scoop",they run about $4 take it home drill what ever size holes an as many as you want in it ,I've made 5 so far an have requests from friends for more.hope this helps :icon_thumleft:

Darn fine idea, thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread