Any one looking for a MD partner near kutztown university...

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

PATreasureHunter

Mar 22, 2007
Lititz, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hey, I live about an hour from KU, but I am an alumni there, so sure why not? I too am looking for a MD buddy, so shoot me an email, or message.

PATreasureHunter

Mar 22, 2007
Lititz, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Maybe we could organize a group hunt there, or around there? Maybe TMPRCM would be interested too, as he lives in Reading.

OP
OP
H

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bjw said:
let me know what you have in mind. I live less tha 20 minutes from KU .
BJW

I'm in mertztown pretty much right up the street from you.

OP
OP
H

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be glad to do a group hunt with anyone interested, only problem is my current site is near zionsville a little further than kutztown, since you all are more (south)west.

OP
OP
H

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry been awhile, summer keeps me busy. My "homesite" is currently overgrown with just about everything, I will keep everyone here in mind this autumn, when I get back to it. I'd be glad to join anyone if you have a place till then.

bjw

Feb 2, 2006
Fleetwood, PA
Detector(s) used
X5 Tesoro DFX
right now I have run out of new places to hunt. and the ones I know have not been producing. If I turn up a new location I'll give you a shout. And yea, keep me in mind for Fall.
BJW

OP
OP
H

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
will do, just given permission of old foundation on a friend of my wifes property, as far back as they go (grandfather 1912) it was at that time already burnt down. That one has the same problem(overgrown) but if my other one doesn't pan out like expected this one seems more of a sure thing. I'll let ya know when I get back to them.

OP
OP
H

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever heard of keim rd. (near Landis store) trying to get permission back there, I was told he wants to get rid of glass first, I was going to offer to help him but he hasn't been around since. If you know where I mean then you know what I mean. Very promising

bjw

Feb 2, 2006
Fleetwood, PA
Detector(s) used
X5 Tesoro DFX
I been through Landis Store at one time or another but certainly don't know Keim Rd. Wouldn't want to do any grass cutting right now with the heat we've had! Does sound like a plan though. What is there on that road?

OP
OP
H

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not grass, glass, there are at least 3 old foundations, a half buried old kiln, old road that runs behind the kiln area, very close knit rock wall property lines, and this is all just next to the road no telling what is beyond. I may be trying an old ice house foundation near my other site as well as searching an old train station site(nothing there anymore but still wide open). If you're interested we can set up a time, or if you just want to wait I can try and hit one of them after work one night, so won't clean them out but can get an idea if they are worth it, if you'd rather wait for a more sure thing.

As for the keim road, its off of baldy hill road, it is dirt you need to keep you eyes open or you'll miss it if you want take a drive and see what I'm talking about, then let me know.

bjw

Feb 2, 2006
Fleetwood, PA
Detector(s) used
X5 Tesoro DFX
Sounds good! The rest of this week is a lost cause for me. Oh, I would think you hunt weekends, correct? I am retired so I can usually hunt anytime. (Yea, I am old) I can move around pretty good though as I relic hunt in Virginia which is an all day thing. So if you don't mind hunting with a senior citizen I be glad to meet up with you to hunt wherever.

OP
OP
H

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah I'm pretty busy the next few weeks as well, but I'll keep you posted, a Saturday morning or Sunday afternoon would be best.

OP
OP
H

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The leaves are down and brush dead. Going to be returning soon, will have to be a Sunday as it is hunting season. Reply if you are still interested and we can plan a sunday trip.

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
i live in Macungie and would be interested in hunting with you and others some time. Send me a message if you are interested.
thanks
John

diggertim

Nov 16, 2007
Catasauqua PA
Ironically, mclmorizfat, I just sent you a PM this afternoon. I just started mding again and would love to meet up with some local hunters. I live near Allentown. pm me or leave a post and we'll try to get together.

diggertim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread