CORY IN FLA

Jul 10, 2007
Edgewater Fla,
Detector(s) used
ACE 250... & Bounty Hunter LONESTAR

chipveres

Jul 9, 2007
Hollywood, Florida
I have an older product by the same company (Gator) that is still going strong after 15 years. It is the only digging tool I have that I never even *thought* of breaking. Just sharpen the tip once in a while.

Chip V.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one but don't really use it much. I have no problem when I do use it. I'm much better with a long flat head screwdriver.

teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a couple of them but went back to a regular straight blade..
Do not pry very hard with it...it will bend!!!!

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

In addition to the long flat tipped screw driver, I use this from Lowes.

http://www1.epinions.com/content_333323669124

It is a very tough, stainless steel blade and big handle. You can pry with it to your hearts content. I think you could even stand on the end to pry up a boulder and it would not break.

Best part is that it only costs less.

Jack

Attachments

• Ames_7_in_1_Planters_Buddy_682474.jpg
    Ames_7_in_1_Planters_Buddy_682474.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 629

Mighty_Mouse

Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites QXT Pro, HeadHunter Pirate
Putting my 2 cents in on this one.. I hated it. The thing would bend so so easy. It's good on the cutting but why would you want to carry 2 tools around one for digging and the other for prying. I still have mine but never use it. If i would have know better before i bought it i would have for sure gone a different way. I would go with the Lesche digging tool. So far it's the only digging tool i haven't bent or snapped.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have one, but I rarely use it any longer, it will bend if you pry extra hard with it.

I use a probe and what is called the "e-z-digger-II" and it is a fantastic tool, makes only tiny hole so way less impact to the sod you can't even tell I have been there.

Check it out, I am not affiliated with the seller at all, just a satisfied customer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/3in1-EZ-Dig-R-I...ryZ58056QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Patrol

Dec 4, 2006
Northeast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Whites Surf II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the Fiskars. Paid around $8.99 for it from Target. Great tool and can't bend. Comes with lifetime warranty - it or yours? Found a second one a few weeks later for my wife for half price (clearance) from Target. I sharpened them up.

TE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread