any one wana trade??

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Gareb said:
I just got my 3rd 1996 atlanta baseball commemorative half. Anyone want to trade straight up one for another type? I just mail and you mail. I don't need another baseball half. What do you have??

I am not selling...just offering to trade as I have more than I want.

Pic? Not sure I've seen one of these!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All sells or trades are done in the classifieds and you do need to be a charter member to sell OR trade here..... It has been that way since Feb 2011...................

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Facepalm. Why can't everyone read the sticky up top?

OP
OP
G

Gareb

Sep 10, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand about trying to make a profit or cutting into others business. That is completely fair and you will get no disagreement. But I was simply asking if someone else was interested in a comm half, that I found while crh that I am not interested in. I look at it the same way as if someone on the west coast wanted to trade Denver mint quarters with someone on the east coast for philly mint quarters to complete a collection. I think these boards are meant to share a hobby and there is a lot of cross over in other aspects to different forums. If it was done with no ill intent in mind what is the big deal?
Honestly, rules are fine and necessary but can we all have a little common sense, there seems to be both a lack of it and maturity on this site lately and it has definitely gone down hill fast. Nearly every one that continues to post here has been here less than 6 months, the way I see it people should be encouraged to stick around and offer wisdom. Just for example, I have been detecting for over 30 years and have used nearly every machine at one time or another. I have been collecting coins even longer. I am predominately a relic hunter and know a tremendous amount about the Civil War and relics associated with it. I have hunted fresh and salt water in numerous states as well as relic hunted them. I have collections of bottles, native artifacts, CW, Rev war, and 1812 relics, fossils, minerals, knives, rifles, handguns. I am an amateur herpetologist, amateur prospector, published photographer (when it was real not digital), am a paranormal investigator, was a certified welder. I have an extensive library of reference books that I have collected over the years and I am not yet 40 years old, so I plan on being around for a while yet. I could offer quite a bit of help to anyone as I am sure a lot of people could also. But they must want to stick around and at times I wonder why anyone would. Just my 2 cents (cu not zn).

Rushfan

Aug 18, 2012
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Other
I understand about trying to make a profit or cutting into others business. That is completely fair and you will get no disagreement. But I was simply asking if someone else was interested in a comm half, that I found while crh that I am not interested in. I look at it the same way as if someone on the west coast wanted to trade Denver mint quarters with someone on the east coast for philly mint quarters to complete a collection. I think these boards are meant to share a hobby and there is a lot of cross over in other aspects to different forums. If it was done with no ill intent in mind what is the big deal?Honestly, rules are fine and necessary but can we all have a little common sense, there seems to be both a lack of it and maturity on this site lately and it has definitely gone down hill fast. Nearly every one that continues to post here has been here less than 6 months, the way I see it people should be encouraged to stick around and offer wisdom. Just for example, I have been detecting for over 30 years and have used nearly every machine at one time or another. I have been collecting coins even longer. I am predominately a relic hunter and know a tremendous amount about the Civil War and relics associated with it. I have hunted fresh and salt water in numerous states as well as relic hunted them. I have collections of bottles, native artifacts, CW, Rev war, and 1812 relics, fossils, minerals, knives, rifles, handguns. I am an amateur herpetologist, amateur prospector, published photographer (when it was real not digital), am a paranormal investigator, was a certified welder. I have an extensive library of reference books that I have collected over the years and I am not yet 40 years old, so I plan on being around for a while yet. I could offer quite a bit of help to anyone as I am sure a lot of people could also. But they must want to stick around and at times I wonder why anyone would. Just my 2 cents (cu not zn).

Hey Gareb... whether your post was done with or without "ill intent" does not change the simple fact that it is a vioaltion of the rules. When you call for common sense, that includes following the simple 1 sentence sticky, posted above. "Reminder, to offer to sell or offer to trade anything on TreasureNet you must be a Supporting Vendor or Charter Member......." It's fine if you disagree with it, but just know the moderators willl call you on it. Asking the moderators to allow posting violations based on perceived intent is just not realistic.

Not sure if I am more impressed by your background as a herpetologist or as a "real" photographer.... I remember starting out with 110 or 126 film cartridges... don't forget the flash cubes! Kodak or Fuji....? 26 or 36 exposures...? Or dropping it off at a place like this... lol. HH...!

Attachments

• Photomat-Image.jpg
    Photomat-Image.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 867

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is because of simple sells and trades in the past that ended up being shady and causing major problems on the forums.

Selling and trading is now a benefit of charter membership and since the change we have had almost no issues.

As far as everyone being new you must be referring to crh as there are lots of old members posting.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any trades you do via pm we are not aware of as long as you don't post it on the forums, we can't say anything if we are not aware of trade..

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any trades you do via pm we are not aware of as long as you don't post it on the forums, we can't say anything if we are not aware of trade..

Yep,Out of sight,Out of mind.

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just remember this site can't be held liable for anything that should/could/may happen.

Charter member or private sale between two ppl,a scam artist is a scam artist and will try to take advantage of an unsuspecting customer no matter what you do,But i agree that you should be careful making deals online. Sound judgement is required on here as well as any other forum or online auction site.

HH John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread