Any opinions one what I wound need to get this magnet working?

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A picture would help us help you

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A picture would help us help you

Lol sorry I posted it hastily and when I went back to add pictures I couldn't find the thread for some reason. IMG_1740.JPG IMG_1740.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
You're going to need a little bit more than "just" an eye hook. That type of hole requires a flat head screw, and the threads go through the magnetic side, with a nut holding on the back side. Take it to your local hardware store and they'll get you going. If you need rope, they'll have it.

As a transition from the flat head machine screw to the rope, you could consider using something like this, which comes in both metal and plastic. Metal strapping (or hanging) tape can be found everywhere, but not always the plastic.

3084.jpg

The magnet that you have looks like one from this type of setup:

$(KGrHqF,!psE-z2GnUKJBP8)bWVBOQ~~60_35.JPG

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Off the top of my head not exact verbiage but what I did was go to Lowes (or homedepot) with my magnet and built what I wanted. be careful or you will clean out the bins with that magnet! LOL

1 ea eye bolt
1 ea lock nut
1 ea extension nut
1 ea carriage bolt

Size and length of hardware will depend on your magnet, I believe that mine was for 5/8"

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used "locktite" on mine after I was happy with the dry fit.

Made two of these, one for me and one for my son, this past Christmas but have not had a chance to try them out.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Off the top of my head not exact verbiage but what I did was go to Lowes (or homedepot) with my magnet and built what I wanted. be careful or you will clean out the bins with that magnet! LOL

1 ea eye bolt
1 ea lock nut
1 ea extension nut
1 ea carriage bolt

Size and length of hardware will depend on your magnet, I believe that mine was for 5/8"

You the man thanks

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm planning on bringing it to New Orleans in Bayou St. John. I bet there's a lot of guns in there and I'm not talking about old ones. LOL

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm planning on bringing it to New Orleans in Bayou St. John. I bet there's a lot of guns in there and I'm not talking about old ones. LOL

Hey, I used to live near the Bayou St. John. Passed by on the way to work. I was told stories that Marie La Voe (sp), the last great witch, is buried near there. Held some kind of snake dance. Good MD spot if ya don't mind old spirits or snakes.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, I used to live near the Bayou St. John. Passed by on the way to work. I was told stories that Marie La Voe (sp), the last great witch, is buried near there. Held some kind of snake dance. Good MD spot if ya don't mind old spirits or snakes.

I'd go up against any spirit/snake for a lg silver ....and I'm serious. Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread