Any others in Central Oregon? Bend, Or? Redmond. OR?

backup1911

Greenie
May 1, 2013
Redmond, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett Pro Pointer, White's QXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody out here in the Central Oregon area that would be interested in meeting up? My main interest is finding, exploring, and metal detecting out of the way homestead, battle, or town sites. I did hit a park though and had a pretty good time. I just got my first metal detector and I have only been out a few times now but I know a decent amount about the history around here and I've been exploring the Oregon Desert and for a long time. I am familiar with a lot of sites that are in some of the most remote parts of the area. I even have access to a couple of large ranches that have some homestead sites on them.

If there's anybody out here interested in connecting shoot me a message or reply on this thread. We can meet for a cup of coffee or something and see if we would be interested in doing some metal detecting together.

auoregon

Jul 31, 2012
HEY Backup, I live in bend and also have a metal detector. I also have been prospecting for gold now for a couple of years.I have been looking for old military site and ho3e sites. Would love to meet up and go exploring. Been searching for the old Shoshone or Spanish trail. Personal message me and leave a phone number. Thanks Kurt

OP
OP
B

backup1911

Greenie
May 1, 2013
Redmond, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Kurt. I sent you a PM. Let's see if we can get together for coffee in the next week or two. Spring is here and the desert is waiting for us! I know of a place where the old Spanish trail is rumored to have passed. The story goes that near there an actual Spanish saber was found in some rimrocks. I also have access to a ranch with property up near Big Summit Prairie which was a big summertime gathering place for several indian tribes. There is an old homestead site on that property as well that I haven't hit yet.

I've been starting working on figuring out some of the early military routes between the forts that were established in the late 1800's as well. It will be cool to meet up and talk some for sure.

bass99

May 9, 2005
Central Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab etrac with sunray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey backup, I reside at Kahneeta on the Res. but do alot of hunting old homesteads on the grasslands and old RR camps. I usually get one or two weekdays off, always changing. been hunting for twenty+ years. If you want to do some hunting hit me up. Dave Irwin

OP
OP
B

backup1911

Greenie
May 1, 2013
Redmond, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey backup, I reside at Kahneeta on the Res. but do alot of hunting old homesteads on the grasslands and old RR camps. I usually get one or two weekdays off, always changing. been hunting for twenty+ years. If you want to do some hunting hit me up. Dave Irwin

Dave - I sent you a pm. Definitely interested in meeting you. Maybe we could meet in Madras? I can take weekdays off as well as long as I can plan it a few days ahead of time.

OP
OP
B

backup1911

Greenie
May 1, 2013
Redmond, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got back home after an awesome day in the high desert. I finally located a homestead site I have been trying to find for quite a while. So many of the homesteads in the Central and Eastern Oregon desert have been burned or bulldozed over the years. By the CCC in their efforts to improve the rangeland, by the BLM, Ranchers, etc. The US military apparently even had a habit of using many of them for targets during practice bombing runs. After zigzagging through the sagebrush I finally found a small scattering of depression glass. After searching a little more closely I found the stones of the foundation, more broken and melted glass, and some various hinges, latches etc. I did a couple passes with the md and quickly pulled about 100 nails out of the sand along with decaying charred wood, broken pieces of china, more glass, a buckle, and various hardware. I really appreciate how every piece you find tells you a little more about the lives of those that lived there.

ryaneddy

Mar 12, 2013
I am also in Bend and I am a metal detecting nubie. I would love if someone could let me know of some good places to hunt.

zechariahbendovid

May 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm over in Eugene, but once I pay a fine and reinstate my drivers license I plan on being all over eastern Oregon detecting and rock hounding. Also plan on buying a sluice and maybe one of those small pumps for hi banking.

OP
OP
B

backup1911

Greenie
May 1, 2013
Redmond, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to hear there is some other interest in the Central Oregon area. I've been doing some great hunting in the past month or so. Starting to get some decent finds. I've graduated from my white's qxt pro to a Fisher F75. There are so many great spots out here to hunt and I'm still looking for other people to connect on some hunts with.

Bobho

Sep 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Backup1911 I live in Redmond and a newbie to metal detecting and would be interested in getting together with others to jump start getting started in the hobby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions