Any plans for a Legend update beyound 1.11?

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beast Mode, no details timewise as of yet that I've heard.

cronk

Sep 27, 2022
Indiana
Detector(s) used
EQX800, Legend
Beast Mode, no details timewise as of yet that I've heard.

I heard some rumors the new update (v.1.12?) would also include something for linking Nokta headpones to the new/unreleased AccuPoint pinpointer Nokta is supposed to be rolling rout?

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I heard some rumors the new update (v.1.12?) would also include something for linking Nokta headpones to the new/unreleased AccuPoint pinpointer Nokta is supposed to be rolling rout?
there is now a 1.13 version which is for the Accupoint pointer, according to Dilek there will be another update so i would think it will be 1.14 or 1.15or 1.16 who actually knows supposed to be a boost mode added at some point we will see this update but as to when it is anyone's guess at this point, I just hope it fixes my issues that I am having with both my Legends since installing 1.11 version

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there is now a 1.13 version which is for the Accupoint pointer, according to Dilek there will be another update so i would think it will be 1.14 or 1.15or 1.16 who actually knows supposed to be a boost mode added at some point we will see this update but as to when it is anyone's guess at this point, I just hope it fixes my issues that I am having with both my Legends since installing 1.11 version
Thanks for the update. Do you see any potential for the 1.13 update correcting your issues?

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the update. Do you see any potential for the 1.13 update correcting your issues?
Not really sure yet, I have been giving some thoughts to installing the 1.13 because I have seen a couple facebook post that said it corrected some issues similar to mine, when you go to the Nokta site all it says about the 1.13 is it corrected something to do with the accupoint

but whats to say that Nokta didn't do some tweaks to that 1.13 to correct some issues, who of us would ever know, the one thing I do know is there are quite a few of us that had big time issues after installing 1.11, I could actually see Nokta doing some fixes and not telling anyone they made those fixes

I have been trying to decide whether to install this 1.13 or wait for the next update (Boost Or Beast Mode)to be released to us all I will say is I am not a happy camper with either of my Legends since installing 1.11

cronk

Sep 27, 2022
Indiana
Detector(s) used
EQX800, Legend
there is now a 1.13 version which is for the Accupoint pointer
Yeah, it's for linking the Accupoint to the headphones, and nothing else menu-wise or performance-wise that I can see.

I installed v1.13 as soon as it came out and didn't notice any differences. While I have pulled more silver jewelry than usual since I've run the new update, I'd chalk that up to increased experience and better, moister ground conditions.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not really sure yet, I have been giving some thoughts to installing the 1.13 because I have seen a couple facebook post that said it corrected some issues similar to mine, when you go to the Nokta site all it says about the 1.13 is it corrected something to do with the accupoint

but whats to say that Nokta didn't do some tweaks to that 1.13 to correct some issues, who of us would ever know, the one thing I do know is there are quite a few of us that had big time issues after installing 1.11, I could actually see Nokta doing some fixes and not telling anyone they made those fixes

I have been trying to decide whether to install this 1.13 or wait for the next update (Boost Or Beast Mode)to be released to us all I will say is I am not a happy camper with either of my Legends since installing 1.11Could you please review the troubles you've run into with the v1.11? I really have not been out much sine updating to it, and I'd like to be sware of whst to look for to see if I have the same problems. Thanks.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
@Sandog Trust me if yours is having issues you will know it, make sure you have done a factory default reset

some of the issues I have been having are severe depth loss, I do know it is not because of the 1.11 software, there is nothing wrong with the 1.11, what I do believe is there is an issue with the way some of the older Legends accepted the 1.11 version i believe there is a internal issue like a bad board or something (do I know this for sure no I do not) all I can tell you is both of my original legends have issues, that we are trying to figure out.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
@Sandog Trust me if yours is having issues you will know it, make sure you have done a factory default reset

some of the issues I have been having are severe depth loss, I do know it is not because of the 1.11 software, there is nothing wrong with the 1.11, what I do believe is there is an issue with the way some of the older Legends accepted the 1.11 version i believe there is a internal issue like a bad board or something (do I know this for sure no I do not) all I can tell you is both of my original legends have issues, that we are trying to figure out.
With all things being equal, the only thing that could it can be is different processing components. Or the batch that makes up your detector could have been exposed pre-installation to some environmental factor that degraded their performance.

Last edited:

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just received my Legend yesterday,took my time putting it together,and reading the manual. Set up Mental Metals coins program in it,and installed the glass screen protector. I then took it over to my test garden,and it really impressed me. Runs smooth as silk,no chatter,and hit coins like a sledge hammer! I will get time later this week to take it out to a local park and run it through it's paces. It came with 1.11 installed,If it proves out to be good,I'll have a hard time updating it. IMG_3721.JPG

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I remember someone saying that dealers can update your machine for you. Even if you didn't buy it from them.

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
EQ800 (Stock Coil), Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please take into account that at least 1 person had some info out there about his Legend 1.11 update problems. The thought process was there were old drivers in the 1.11. update package at some point. The guy posted his findings and also a link to the drivers. It was not something a lot of people could do, even though it was simple if you are fairly proficient with computers. It involved downloading a new driver package and installing that on your PC. After that you redo the Nokta update.
As with all things electronic, factory default the Legend BEFORE and AFTER you do the update. But before you do write down any settings you want to keep so you can restore your customizations.
Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART driver was the believed problem. There is a link to more updated drivers. The link is below:
for Windows users you would want to grab the CP210x Universal Windows Driver, unzip it and then install it. The Legend update Tool zip file has a directory in it but that one contains the older driver that potentially could cause problems especially on newer windows versions.
I'm taking a pretty deep dive on this. But, from what I discovered Nokta used an older Legacy version of the Silicon Labs VCP driver in their package. That particular one was able to work flawlessly with WinXP/Win7. But not so much with Windows 10 and 11. I can see the guy's logic on this.
For even more of a deep dive, the Nokta version of the driver included in its update tool is 6.76 which supports Win XP, Vista, Win7, and Win8.
The newest is 11.3 and as per their release it says
OS VERSIONS
-----------
This package provides the CP210x VCP driver for the following versions
of Windows:

- Windows 10 version 1803 and later (x64, x86)
- Windows 11 (x64)

I can go deeper on this but ultimately it would depend on what OS you are running. Anything less than Win 10 you will be fine with the Nokta update. Win10 and up maybe a problem due to the driver being old in the Nokta package.
Like mentioned, this is a pretty deep explanation of what could potentially be a cause of weird behavior after updating the Legend with a PC of Windows 10 and higher.
Attached some screen shots to help visualize what the issue is.

First one- Inside the Legend Update Tool you can see the Cp210x drivers folder.
Screenshot_2.jpg

Next we take a look and see the version as mentioned above. Not ready for anything above Windows 8.
Screenshot_1.jpg

In this next one we take a peek inside the Silicon Labs windows Universal Driver that is compatible with Windos 10 and up (x86 and x64 version). Disregard the ARM directories as that is a different chip architecture we will not be using if on a laptop or desktop PC.
Screenshot_3.jpg

Screenshot_4.jpg

In an ideal world to be safe it won't hurt a thing to install the Universal Windows Drivers, reboot PC and then try the Nokta Update again if you are having issues. I can't see where this would harm anyone's machine- I've looked it over well enough to say its safe due to coming from the manufacturer of the chipset inside the Legend that communicates so updates can happen. I wish I could remember who the Youtube guy was(Andy Williams, Thanks to oldkoot and his video below my post), but credit goes to him on this. I'm just trying to break it down for everybody else. I hope it helps you.

Last edited:

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Please take into account that at least 1 person had some info out there about his Legend 1.11 update problems. The thought process was there were old drivers in the 1.11. update package at some point. The guy posted his findings and also a link to the drivers. It was not something a lot of people could do, even though it was simple if you are fairly proficient with computers. It involved downloading a new driver package and installing that on your PC. After that you redo the Nokta update.
As with all things electronic, factory default the Legend BEFORE and AFTER you do the update. But before you do write down any settings you want to keep so you can restore your customizations.
Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART driver was the believed problem. There is a link to more updated drivers. The link is below:
for Windows users you would want to grab the CP210x Universal Windows Driver, unzip it and then install it. The Legend update Tool zip file has a directory in it but that one contains the older driver that potentially could cause problems especially on newer windows versions.
I'm taking a pretty deep dive on this. But, from what I discovered Nokta used an older Legacy version of the Silicon Labs VCP driver in their package. That particular one was able to work flawlessly with WinXP/Win7. But not so much with Windows 10 and 11. I can see the guy's logic on this.
For even more of a deep dive, the Nokta version of the driver included in its update tool is 6.76 which supports Win XP, Vista, Win7, and Win8.
The newest is 11.3 and as per their release it says
OS VERSIONS
-----------
This package provides the CP210x VCP driver for the following versions
of Windows:

- Windows 10 version 1803 and later (x64, x86)
- Windows 11 (x64)

I can go deeper on this but ultimately it would depend on what OS you are running. Anything less than Win 10 you will be fine with the Nokta update. Win10 and up maybe a problem due to the driver being old in the Nokta package.
Like mentioned, this is a pretty deep explanation of what could potentially be a cause of weird behavior after updating the Legend with a PC of Windows 10 and higher.
Attached some screen shots to help visualize what the issue is.

First one- Inside the Legend Update Tool you can see the Cp210x drivers folder.
View attachment 2140965

Next we take a look and see the version as mentioned above. Not ready for anything above Windows 8.
View attachment 2140966
In this next one we take a peek inside the Silicon Labs windows Universal Driver that is compatible with Windos 10 and up (x86 and x64 version). Disregard the ARM directories as that is a different chip architecture we will not be using if on a laptop or desktop PC.
View attachment 2140967
View attachment 2140968
In an ideal world to be safe it won't hurt a thing to install the Universal Windows Drivers, reboot PC and then try the Nokta Update again if you are having issues. I can't see where this would harm anyone's machine- I've looked it over well enough to say its safe due to coming from the manufacturer of the chipset inside the Legend that communicates so updates can happen. I wish I could remember who the Youtube guy was, but credit goes to him on this. I'm just trying to break it down for everybody else. I hope it helps you.
You are correct in everything you are stating, I was one of those that had issues after updating to 1.11, and the person that finally figured out that the drivers that Nokta used when 1.11 was released to us, his name is Andy Williams

it is not a matter of just downloading the updated CP210x Universal Drivers and just installing them, it is a matter installing them correctly or they still will not work correctly

I will see if I can find Andy's Video where he walks you through the proper way of installing the Updated CP210x updated driver so it works properly, I will post a link here so everyone can see it that is interested

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is the Video on how to update the CP210x drivers to the current updated CP210x drivers, the persons name is Andy Williams

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
According Face Book, version 1.14 is out and includes Beast mode. Looks like a beta version as of now. I read Nokta doesn't see having to change much for a regular version release in two weeks.

Last edited:

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I updated to 1.14. Only had it out in beast mode for an hour after work today. Found two memorial pennies I was able to recover with the probe and screwdriver. No digging in this park. I did get several deep hits but couldn't verify what they were. I should note, I've been using the 6" round coil. Swung the Legend for about 15 minutes when I got home from the park. Had some good hits I marked to dig later as it was getting close to dinner.

At the park the machine was quiet as a mouse. There is emi at home, the machine was a little chatty in beast mode, but not too bad.

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spent an hour in the yard today. I know there are iron targets left in my yard, so I swung around where they are to see if beast mode would find anything in the iron that was non-ferrous. Dug six targets, three were small vdi 3-5 and three were 24-26. Ferro check showed ferrous for the iron and non-ferrous for the foil. I was using the 6" round coil.

I don't think we're getting any more depth out of the machine. However, I do think we're getting more stable audio, vdi, and ferro check readings. All 6 targets were about fringe depth for the 6" coil. Or at least what I would think fringe for that coil. 7-8 inches deep.

More time with the machine in beast mode needed this weekend. Hope this helps anyone wondering about the new mode.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O swell....I had managed to update to version 11 some time ago, and NOW I wonder if it is working properly. Look, I am tech. challenged I would say about myself, so then, after watching the video that Oldkoot provided, (Thank you Oldcoot), start out with a factory preset, try and follow the video, then do another factory preset? I'm ready to go back to my Minelab Safari.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, started to watch the video, not a Nokta site but something else, and he is explaining the process like I'm really computer literate. Well...I'm not. The hell with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread