RelicRick

Aug 29, 2006
Jockey Hollow
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any problems with Gleason's Old Maps?

Has anybody else had a problem getting their orders filled from these folks? I placed an order just after Christmas and to date have not received my maps. The only contact information is a P.O. Box in Massachusetts. If you try the link to [email protected], it doesn't work.

I hope I don't have to take a drive if ya know what I mean! >:(

If anybody has a phone number for them, I'd certainly appreciate it.

Thanx and HH!!

Goalrush

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Any problems with Gleason's Old Maps?

Have you had success from ordering from them before?

I'd be a little suspicious:

This web page is designed and written by a 71-year-old grandmother who owns a lot of maps, but doesn't know much about HTML, cascading style sheets, or shopping carts. But I am having a good time struggling to make this web site work. You have to fill out the order form by hand for now ... until I learn how to do Buy It Now buttons. I won't share your email or any other information with anyone ... I won't even keep it myself. Thank you

He says.."struggling to make this web site work".

I'd call the post office there and possibly file a fraud complaint.

Al

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Re: Any problems with Gleason's Old Maps?

goalrush:

It is my understanding the local postoffice must provide you with the boxholder's street address upon request. I would check with your local PO to determine the rules and the process.

Personally, I think it's too early to file a fraud complaint. Try to get the facts, first.

If you paid by credit card you probably will get the money back. PayPal is much more problematic.

Good luck!

~The Old Bookaroo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread