Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
burn it off thats what i do when we got wire to strip

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
My scrap yard deduct for burnt wire call it dirty. The way a friend taught me was to put one end in a vise and then take a utility knife and pull it towards you and strip it that way. Pretty fast

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
The way a friend taught me was to put one end in a vise and then take a utility knife and pull it towards you and strip it that way. Pretty fast

Sounds like a good way to castrate yourself :laughing7:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
burn it off thats what i do when we got wire to strip

If u burn it off you will loose $ bare bright is top dollar burnt wire will be classed #2 CU .The type of tool u need depends on the type of wire you want to strip [the fatter the wire the better] its usually easier if pretty new. Any way I have used everything from a box cutter to a paring knife ,If u have a lot of wire to strip pratice will let u know what tool is best .p.s be prepared to cut up your hands so be careful . Davers

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• WIRESTRP.JPG
    WIRESTRP.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,814

2crezy

Feb 19, 2013
Reddick, Florida
Detector(s) used
White, Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a lot for sale on Ebay. i bought one a couple months ago paid 180.00 for auto feed has already paid for itself. I live in Florida and we no longer can burn wire must be stripped or sold as # 2 wire bringing .79 pound where as stripped wire goes as # 2 copper bringing $2.79 pound. Wayne

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread