Any signs/markers in Oregon

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
The answer is yes; unfortunately, the link is on my other hard drive, which is fried..... :'( pretty interesting story, although the guy is pretty far out there too.

OP
OP
A

adamgoldminer

Tenderfoot
Jul 1, 2006
Jeffro, is that THE Jeffro, that used be a member in the Millenium Diggers in Dayton, OR?

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Yep Adam, how you been? Say "Hey" to Dan and the rest of the folks up there for me, lol! :D

Anyways, this guy claims the markers and artifacts are Spanish in origin, and has pics to prove it. Your guess is as good as mine as to whether it is in fact, Spanish. Goes into some pretty far fetched stuff from there..... if I run across it again, I'll jet it to ya.

You folks still got the claims? How'd you do up there? I got some pretty good gold still from there. Brings back some memories of Paul, LOL!

J

jmcquilliams

Check out the topic " Treasure Rock? " Found in this forum posted today. I found this marker on the South Oregon Coast

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I saw that... unfortunately I haven't seen a marker like it anywhere. Have you checked Mike "Hawkeye" Picketts site?

I have heard of Spanish gold and silver washing up near Bandon and Coos bay, but no definate recoveries. Lynn Blumenstein did quite a bit of mag study, but it was mostly up north. I'd be interested in checking into your find a bit, more for curiousity than anything else. Send an e-mail with any particulars you care to share, and I'll check my books to see what may match up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread