Dec 23, 2004
moosic pa

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I'm in the same boat, got mine a couple weeks ago. I bought mine used and most of the factory settings had been changed. I reset everything back to the originals stated in the manual. Now I need to get some good quality time learning the machine. Good luck to you, If I learn anything ground breaking I'll pass it along.

kenb

B

Brush Creek

This is the only program I use
I found it on the net some where

Target Volume : Personal pref
Audio Threshold : Faint Background hum
Tone (Audio freq): 236
Audio disc: on ( I turn it off because it drives me crazy with the noise )
Silent search: off
Mixed mode: off
AC sensitivity: 73 ( I go to 80 some times but most the time come back down to 75 or so ) it
gets eratic in some soils.
DC sensitivity: 45 ( DC is for non motion, pinpointing, it will get down to 10" or deeper for me)
Back Light 0 ( will run bat down quick so i don't use it )
View angle 25

Pro Options
Audio Ratchet pinpointing on ( did not like it at first but love it now ) can pin point quicker with out having to watch the screen
SAT speed 5
Tone ID off
VCO on
Absolute Value off
Modulation on
GEB/Track off ( I re-ground balance if it starts getting un stable)
Track View off
AutoTrack speed N/A
AutoTrack Offset N/A
Track inhibit N/A
Coarse GEB depending on your soil ( Between 42 and 47 )
Fine GEB Ignore
Discriminate
Disc Edit Reg -95 to -11
Acc -10 to +95
Block edit same as above
Learn accept off
Learn reject off
Rec speed 23 turn down to 15 if there is little iron on site ( post to get better depth)
bottle cap reject 1
Display
Visual disk. on
Icons off ( the icons don't tell the truth some times )
VDI sen 90
DC phase off
Graph Averaging on
Graph Accumulate on
Fade Rate 7
Transmit boost on
Freq 4
Pre amp gain 3 and some times when wet I set to 5 but come back down to 4 most the time ( Depends on soil )

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is easy. Check out the owners section here on TNET for reviews. Then do a search on the internet. I have Comcast and typed in "XLT programs" and got 82 hits. Check each one, save or print each program you like and try them out. This will also work for any programmable unit. I used it for my EXP II and got a bunch of programs. they helped me understand what each setting does by showing how others changed them when hunting in different areas and situations. Good luck,

Ed D.

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
To learn the machine start in a park or school where you will get alot of targets. I would load the coins program and start from there.
Dig all singnals at first. If you want to go for jewlrey youse the coin and jewlrey setting. May raise the ac sen after you try it a while.
Good ck you have a great land machine.

S

sendin

Here's a link to some articles/suggestions for the XLT http://66.51.97.78/jb/xlttips.html

I've learned a lot reading on this site.

Just got mine the day before yesterday. Bought it used from a guy who barely used it. It was purchased in 2001. I think it is a great detector.

Found a US General Service button c. 1854-1902 in a trashy area with the factory Coin & Jewelry Program. See:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?topic=51423.new;topicseen#new

If you want to have some fun, turn on the Tone ID and the V.C.O. in the Audio Pro Options in the Coin & Jewelry Program. Pay attention to the V.D.I. and the Signa Graph

I plan on staying the Factory Programs for some time, using them in different locations and digging a lot before I get too adventurous. So far I am thinking that good headphones are a must with this machine.

Best regards - Denny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread