GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to hunt the creeks from time to time for relics, rings, and coins. The problem I am having is that my White's DFX coil has for the second time became water logged and will need to be replaced "again" Two questions. First, is there a way to keep this from happening with the new one? Some way to seal it? The second, is there a better detector to hunt in knee deep water? Something that works good on land and shallow water? Any thoughts or comments are welcomed.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
let air dry look for the crack and glue I use crazy glue and it worked just fine make sure she is dry test the coil before you glue put on detector and crank it up to make sure it doesn't short out because it still wet don't put in oven to dry but find the crack first spread to help dry out,good luck get cover if you don't all ready

OP
OP
GaRebel1861

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
let air dry look for the crack and glue I use crazy glue and it worked just fine make sure she is dry test the coil before you glue put on detector and crank it up to make sure it doesn't short out because it still wet don't put in oven to dry but find the crack first spread to help dry out,good luck get cover if you don't all ready

Thanks for the advice and I'll put it to a try.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread