worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Being 25yrs. behind Big Brother,can't be good!I've seen some very strange things in my life!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I can tell you it was pretty big, and mighty fast :laughing9:

That is a strange sight, any clue where this was filmed? I notice it says Hawaii, but was that the ocean in the background?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone had really bad gas? :laughing7: :dontknow: But I'm always skeptical when the camera is in the perfect spot, at the perfect moment, to catch a super strange event.

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...And now...not an answer, but some more of the story...

~~~

July 8, 2011 - Huge, Mysterious, Spherical “Shock Wave?”

“We had no clue what it was. All we could conjecture
was that it was a shockwave of some sort. It was quite obvious
it was a shockwave, but from where, we didn't know.”

- Daniel Devost, Dir., Canada-France-Hawaii Telescope, Mauna Kea

~~~

Video frame of rapidly expanding, huge, mysterious,
sphere at 3:41 AM Hawaii time on June 22, 2011, captured by
astronomers at the Subaru telescope in the Canada-France-Hawaii
Telescope (CFHT) complex on Mauna Kea mountain top.

~~~

Hawaii Tribune-Herald, July 8, 2011: “The hazy bubble of light appeared near the horizon in the northeastern sky and slowly expanded for several minutes until it filled almost the entire frame of the camera, before gradually fading from sight shortly after 3:45 a.m. ... Because images are only taken by the camera every 30 seconds, the expansion and disappearance of the light ball takes only a few seconds on the video ... captured by a low-light still camera mounted on the catwalk of the CFHT telescope. It is pointed at the horizon and is normally used to detect clouds and bad weather heading for the telescope.”

Vandenberg AFB sources in California confirmed there was a U. S. Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile launch about three minutes before the expanding sphere appeared in the astronomers' videotape. One theory is that the missile's third stage separated upon reaching the upper atmosphere and remaining fuel was dumped, but there is no proof of connection between the two events. See: Hawaii Tribune-Herald.

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If there was remaining fuel in the tank and it dispersed and ignited (by flaming debris?) then it could have created a massive fuel-air explosion. Remember the "Mother of All Bombs" tested in FL (I think)? That was fuel-air.

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok..so Windows Media Player is not playing mp4 files...what do you guys use to open this ?? :help: :help: :help:

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
Hey Beep!

How's it going, buddy?

In response to the vid clip, the first thing that came to mind for me was a shock wave like a bomb makes in the air. I see that was mentioned, but you know, any object entering the Earth's atmosphere at speed would also make a similar shock wave...... Hhhhmmmm......

Sky Pilot

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
SkyPilot,How you like them Smokys,I lived up Cosby way 99-06.All the places I ever lived,those Great SmokyMountains were the best!Bet you seen a few things in the air!

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
worldtalker said:
SkyPilot,How you like them Smokys,I lived up Cosby way 99-06.All the places I ever lived,those Great SmokyMountains were the best!Bet you seen a few things in the air!

Howdy, WorldTalker!

Cosby is a real pretty place and fairly laid back too, I understand why you loved it! :icon_thumleft:
I'm pleased to hear that you consider the great state of Tennessee the best place you ever lived! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Like you, I've been all over and this is may favorite area too. Lived in Lee County Florida for about 25 years and had to get back to my home man, there ain't nothing like the freedom we have here
in the hills and mountains! :icon_thumleft:

Yeah, I'll tell ya, I've seen a lot of weird things over the Everglades, but nothing like the things that go on in the skies over East Tennessee!

Sky Pilot

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
SkyPilot,These look familiar?Been following this since 91,Chemtrails,NASTY stuff their sprayin in the atmosphere,weather modification,they do it heavy in the Mtns.Check out [www.bariumblues/harrp1.htm] Them choppers fly REAL heavy late summer,you know what their lookin for!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 162
OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Sky Pilot! A moving object might have left a cone shaped shock wave unless it vaporized at some point, kind of like Tunguska.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Timelappsed condensation on the lens. :hello:

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's good thinking Dano...out of the box, but good. Maybe a bug farted on the lens :-\

DevilDog812

Nov 3, 2010
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Dano Sverige said:
Timelappsed condensation on the lens. :hello:
it has a timestamp though, that says it happened in a couple of seconds. dont know if they would do such a pointless hoax like this

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
worldtalker said:
SkyPilot,These look familiar?Been following this since 91,Chemtrails,NASTY stuff their sprayin in the atmosphere,weather modification,they do it heavy in the Mtns.Check out [www.bariumblues/harrp1.htm] Them choppers fly REAL heavy late summer,you know what their lookin for!!!!!!!!

You know WorldTalker, I have marveled for years at the crosshatch pattern the jets make over the skies here! It's definitely not vector lines on any type of route, they're not radiant for one thing and they're in different places geographically on different days, for another. It most certainly looks like the jets are "sowing" a field with something. Also, they seem to be most prevalent in winter time, very early in the morning.
Thanks for the link! :thumbsup:
Yeah!! Those choppers come roaring in every year about this time looking for green gold. They sure put a crimp on the local economy when they do that, taking folks' Christmas money and all! LOL!

The Beep Goes On said:
Hey Sky Pilot! A moving object might have left a cone shaped shock wave unless it vaporized at some point, kind of like Tunguska.

Howdy, Beep!
That's true, and if it were like the Tunguska thing, we sure wouldn't have to wonder where/if it happened!

Definitely thought provoking...... It looks similar to a lot of things, but none that I know of are exactly like it. Very Cool!! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

Sky Pilot

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread