any thoughts on whites beach hunter

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one and it operated fine, but I gave it to my brother in law because I didn't like the floating coil. You can send it in and have a weighted coil installed if your mainly going to use it in the water, or tape a sock filled with rocks to the coil. NO hot rocks.

Whites installs the floating coil because most beach hunter only use it on land. It could be unstable where the waves wash over the coil in shallow water at some locations where there is black sand too.

Good Luck.

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT SANDMAN...... I don't go in the water that deep this time a year , about knee hi right now . Water is a bit on chili side . Mostly working the wet sand at low tide .. by the way the new excal is working out great . Guzz1

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one and I liked it a lot, the floating coil didn't bother me but the poor door design for the battery door, I did not care for that at all.

Be careful when you open the door that you don't get any sand on the gasket, and that the gasket is seated properly when you close the door. Mine leaked and I had to send it to Whites, they replaced the lower compartment with the door.

Moe (fl)

Jul 25, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites, Tesoro, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like mine. The LED lights are very good. Green is 90% accurate. Red is too (iron trash).

Have fun!

Moe

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
;)THANKS MOE..GUZZ1

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have it, and it is a great machine, but it didn't put the gold under my coil :-\

HH
-GC

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest: