Any thoughts or opinions appreciated.

cterry3100

Feb 27, 2016
Central, Ms
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drought a few years ago created a dry rocky area at the top of my backyard. The last two years, every time I mow, I pick it up and try to convince myself it's a very worn, broken adze or small axe. Shape and symmetry are interesting along with what looks like possible grinding. I have found a point and scraper in the same area. It's shape and form (worn river rock) is out of context with the rock in that specific spot. However, I just can't quite get there. For now, it stays at the base of a tree as an interesting stone. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476109939.393813.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476109975.076921.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
cterry3100

cterry3100

Feb 27, 2016
Central, Ms
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both photos are the same stone. Yea, I know. [emoji17]Just hoping beyond hope someone would see it different. I have a small but pretty nice collection, but only one hard stone tool (axe). When it comes to those larger tools, l'm snake bitten.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Both photos are the same stone. Yea, I know. [emoji17]Just hoping beyond hope someone would see it different. I have a small but pretty nice collection, but only one hard stone tool (axe). When it comes to those larger tools, l'm snake bitten.

You're not snake bit just because you have not found many ground hardstone tools. They are not remotely as common as flaked artifacts. In 60 years, I have one axe and one gouge, and 3 celts. Granted, some people are luckier then others, or live in places like maritime Maine, where gouges and adzes can almost be common.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread