Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jake, do you recon they only made one and you're buying it? ;D Seriously , all I have read on it is favaorable. Monty

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Jake, I was going to recommend not detecting through frozen ground but if you're talkin salt water maybe ice isn't going to be an obstacle.? ;D

See, I got my new DeLeon last week and have been checking the frozen ground around my place of business. This is a new building on what was a very well used site 120 years ago.

Anyway, they say with the DeLeon that if the meter says 95 (silver) and it locks on that number you can pretty much bet your BVD's it's a silver coin. Well, I found such a signal but I CAN"T DIG THE COTTON PICKEN THING!!!! I tried an ice spud and an axe...no use!

So, now I have to wait till the next major thaw which will come in about 3 months. :'( :-\

Pal, if you can swing the extra $$$ get the DeLeon. That meter is beyond belief. I've tested it in air and it is right on with the ID's! This meter is not junk. It can clearly distinguish between zinc pennies and silver. It ID's the iron stuff flat out. Pulltabs are clearly distinguished from nickles.

Out in my parking lot (part isn't paved) I detected a definite 95 (silver) at 7 inches and a definite 95 (zinc) at 4 inches. They lay about 4 inches apart. I also got a couple other 95's but when I noticed everybody driving by staring and honking I left off.

For years now I wondered why Tesoro owners are so quiet about their machines. I know why now? ;D

Extra note: Last year I hunted every ince of this area with a Minelab.

Oh, one more thing---make sure you get a coil cover!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Zeb said:
Anyway, they say with the DeLeon that if the meter says 95 (silver) and it locks on that number you can pretty much bet your BVD's it's a silver coin. Well, I found such a signal but I CAN"T DIG THE COTTON PICKEN THING!!!! I tried an ice spud and an axe...no use!

So, now I have to wait till the next major thaw which will come in about 3 months. :'( :-\

AAAWWWW MAN!!!!!!!! thats gotta be killing you! get out there with one of those paint stripper heat gun thingies ;D ..........anyway good luck to both of you with the new tesoros.

R

rvbvetter

I would probably be out there with one of those little flame throwers, the Three Stooges used to warm the seat of their pants with. I can hear the car horns now HH

OP
OP
JakePhelps

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
You can get propane flame throwers for melting ice. They are only like 30 dollars and have many uses ;D How much is the DeLeon? The cibola is only 320, I have 300 now. I really need good iron discrimination so I dont dig nails but i do dig other iron stuff. Thanks for all the help Zeb.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread