Any US areas for ancient coins??

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no proof that some ancient coins didn't arrive in the americas 1000 years ago or more. Chinese stone anchors have been found off the california coast, and they were not brought by railroad workers, coolie laborers etc. If you read about the sea voyages of ancient chinese mariners, you will see they documented and mapped the west coast of north america and beyond. Great flotillas of chinese junks explored all the way to africa and over to eastern north america. The remains of one such huge chinese vessel was found in the swamps of virginia. The discovers were puzzled how this immense vessel could have found its way to this location.

Google chinese junks in the americas.

I'm still wondering who Kennewick man was. A skeleton dated to approx. 5000 years ago found in washington state was proven to be white, not a so called native american indian.

Placing whites in north america before amer-indians is quite controversial, and leads to problems such as land rights, mineral contracts on reservations with the federal government etc. It's also not politically correct to discuss this today. The smithsonian basically refuses to rock the boat and keeps silent about it. Kennewick man was not the only one either.
White mummies have been found in other areas of north america and the archies at the smithsonian don't talk about that either.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

"There is no proof that some ancient coins didn't arrive in the americas 1000 years ago or more......"

Hmmm, ok, but the converse of this statement is equally true: there is no proof that they DID arrive 1000 yrs. ago or more.

As for the stone anchors found along the pacific coast, interesting point. There is a local elderly chinese lady where I'm at, who has been called upon to do speaking engagements regarding the Chinese immigration of the mid 1800s. The reason is: she has traced her own ancestors immigration to the very early days of the gold rush. Great great great grandparents, or whatever. And her ancestors arrived on a Chinese junk (very perilous journey in which they almost died, according the accounts passed down to her). The chinese junk this couple had taken overshot SF, and ended up along the coast near Monterey, CA. So instead of going to the gold fields, they just decided to enter the fishing business, instead of gold. Hence the earliest of arrivals for what became the chinese fishing villages along our coast.

The reason I cite this, is that ...... this might not "be unique". If junks arrived at that time, is it certain they (by that time) had already progressed to iron anchors? Or in the mid 1800s, were they still using those stone anchors you speak of? If they were still-in-use by the mid 1800's, then again, the finding of such iron anchors, again, doesn't bode (necessarilly) to pre-historic times.

I sent the Chinese historian an email asking her comment on this topic. If she answers, I will let you know.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
correct there is no proof either way, But the odds are in favor of it.
Considering how old the other countries populations are,
There is absolutely no reason The would have been Missed, or Ignored
& treated like a forbidden zone.

Untitledh.jpg

And the Whole Columbus story of Discovering america for the queen ?
Patriotic & a Nice Fable to tell children in school.

But you & I know it was a quiet invasion, Not a discovery.

IN 1492 In fourteen hundred ninety-two Columbus sailed the ocean blue. He had three ships and left from Spain; He sailed through sunshine, wind and rain. He sailed by night; he sailed by day; He used the stars to find his way. A compass also helped him know How to find the way to go. Ninety sailors were on board; Some men worked while others snored. Then the workers went to sleep; And others watched the ocean deep. Day after day they looked for land; They dreamed of trees and rocks and sand. October 12 their dream came true, when they ran into
a piece of land that sticks out like a sore Thumb.

Spains first act of Piracy ?

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Well, I'll tell you what: prior to the advent of engines to power propellers, they were at the mercy of the winds and currents. And the particular currents/winds that are propelled ships from the orient to the pacific coast (utilized by the manilla galleons starting in the 1500 or 1600's) were very time-consuming. It meant they spotted the west coast at about the SF latitude, then headed south back to their mother-country of Mexico, upon siting land. The journey across the pacific to the west coast could take month(s). Even some of the well-outfited galleons never made it. Many of the crew people perished. (hence the very infrequent and perilous journeys EVEN when they already knew where they were going).

So while "anything is possible" (that lone little rowboats or junks didn't also make the same journey) it is not likely. Or ... at a very minimum, they CERTAINLY did not make the return voyage back home (in which case the circular current would have required them to to start eastward off of Mexico/S. America, etc....).

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good points.......but it seems there is considerable evidence that there were people who visited America before Columbus sailed the ocean blue.........
Yes it is true that a coin, or a few coins from early ages may in fact be from a later date visitor; yet there is considerable evidence supporting visits ante-dating Columbus.........
Note that this evidence, like much else, has been, and is actively hidden or suppressed.......yet enough is out there to know that history as is told, is lacking.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
..........actively hidden or suppressed.........

Doc, just curious: why the h*ck would anyone care to "hide" or "suppress" info that lends itself to pre-columbian settlements/exploration? I mean, why the h*ck does anyone care? What does is it matter for these "government figures" or archaeologists if anyone knows or cares or "discovers" who was "here first"?

I can understand the "conspiracy theories" about 9-11, JFK assasination, nutrition, and UFO's (and assassins hiding under rocks, black-helicoptors, etc... Afterall "they" don't "want you to know", haha), but ........ who cares about this?

Oh, yeah, sure of course, a "government coverup". We can all prove anything with that. If we lack info or proof, well presto: "it's a government coverup", eh?

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it's so much out of fear Tom,
But I do believe many feel if the story of Columbus were Debunked, It puts columbus to shame.

Of course heaven Forbid a National Hero be debunked and all history needing to be rewritten :laughing7:

Even worse, Find out the Arabs were here first :laughing9:
& the Russians stole it from the arabs, then the indians stole it from the Russians,
Then we came and Bought it from the indians. (fantasy to make a point)

as for who's land is it ?

although I'm 100% against Wars & Invasions.
I do believe "to the Victor belong the Spoils"
so no matter who's land it was. It's ours now :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Columbus was lost...didn't know where he was going, didn't know where he had been...original Columbus landing site lost to history...
too late, Columbus was embarrassed and discredited in his own time.

Columbus NEVER FOUND NORTH AMERICA, he found some islands around the Caribbean...
this is no secret

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
....... many feel if the story of Columbus were Debunked, It puts columbus to shame.

Of course heaven Forbid a National Hero be debunked and all history needing to be rewritten ...

Hmm, seems on the contrary to me. Seems to be no shortage of people wanting/willing to "put Columbus to shame". Take this thread, for instance, or any like it: Whenever this subject comes up, look at the statistics of those posting? You'll see that anyone who dares shed a doubtful explanation on any prehistoric visits, is always in the minority, not the majority. So again, I don't know who "cares" if somehow columbus were not the first, or others came earlier, etc... But "conspiracies" are so fun to believe in, and rely on, if there is any lack of, or explanations for, any evidence.

PS: not saying "columbus was first" (or the vikings or whatever), just saying to see the converse of theories, & the alternative explanations for finds.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like conspiracies.

Exercise for the Brain :headbang: Instead of being a Yes Man.

Always Question Authority :occasion14:
if someone tells you the Bridge is out, check for yourself.
make sure they didn't lie to keep you from using it.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I like conspiracies.

Exercise for the Brain :headbang: Instead of being a Yes Man.

Always Question Authority :occasion14:
if someone tells you the Bridge is out, check for yourself.
make sure they didn't lie to keep you from using it.

Or, conversely, "exercise the brain" and question conspiracy theories. Don't be a "yes man" to believe in all conspiracies. And who is "they" ? This mythical entity wearing a black suit and tie, smoking cigarettes, in a dark room filled with eavesdropping devices watching our every move, right? :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or, conversely, "exercise the brain" and question conspiracy theories. Don't be a "yes man" to believe in all conspiracies. And who is "they" ? This mythical entity wearing a black suit and tie, smoking cigarettes, in a dark room filled with eavesdropping devices watching our every move, right? :laughing7:

Correct :thumbsup: in the first place Smoking is not allowed in doors at government facilities.

Unless they are lying about this to us.
and partying behind our backs while Spying on us.

as I said Question everything.

unless it comes from me,
then take is as scripture.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe you'll be wanting to look around the east coast Dreadnox.Roman coins 4th century BC have been found on the beaches of Beverly Mass,also ancient coins were also found on Plum Island,Grafton Mass,Ipswich Mass,Wesbrook Maine.Roman anforeta jugs have been found off the coast of Maine by skindivers,dug up in Boston,and pulled up in fishing nets off of Gloucester and Newburyport.Iberic-Roman script is carved into rock at Maines York harbour,dated 300 to 400 AD.Roman oil lamps have been found in N.A. shell mounds.Much,much more.

Jan 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I believe you'll be wanting to look around the east coast Dreadnox.Roman coins 4th century BC have been found on the beaches of Beverly Mass,also ancient coins were also found on Plum Island,Grafton Mass,Ipswich Mass,Wesbrook Maine.Roman anforeta jugs have been found off the coast of Maine by skindivers,dug up in Boston,and pulled up in fishing nets off of Gloucester and Newburyport.Iberic-Roman script is carved into rock at Maines York harbour,dated 300 to 400 AD.Roman oil lamps have been found in N.A. shell mounds.Much,much more.

wow...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Portugese fishermen were well aware of the New England coast on up to Nova Scotia and had seasonal settlements there well before Columbus. Portugese were fishing the Grand Banks off Newfoundland in the early 1400's. The problem being that Papal Decree had previously awarded Portugal most of Africa and this miffed Spain, who complained and got a Bull for lands of pagans elsewhere they be found in the ocean beyond the Azores. So if the Portugese acknowledged there were present then they were trespassing in a heritical way when that wasn't such a good idea.

Jan 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
a review of the manifest of Columbus's ships reveals calling it a Spanish expedition is a misnomer...sailors are sailors...they shipped out with who ever paid.

there are stories of the first English speaking people to approach the northern coast of the americas... spoken to in English, by natives...shipwrecked seamen being the best guess going...
THERE IS NO PROOF. it is all conjecture...every bit of it...even the Vikings...who I do support as ancient visitors to north America...that is how they knew about the northwest passage, a physical reality not believed until after WWII...and even then, most people swore it was frozen over forever.
the inuits, and other artic circle tribes...did in fact, circle the globe as they wandered following the food sources...

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
a review of the manifest of Columbus's ships reveals calling it a Spanish expedition is a misnomer...sailors are sailors...they shipped out with who ever paid.

there are stories of the first English speaking people to approach the northern coast of the americas... spoken to in English, by natives...shipwrecked seamen being the best guess going...
THERE IS NO PROOF. it is all conjecture...every bit of it...even the Vikings...who I do support as ancient visitors to north America...that is how they knew about the northwest passage, a physical reality not believed until after WWII...and even then, most people swore it was frozen over forever.
the inuits, and other artic circle tribes...did in fact, circle the globe as they wandered following the food sources...
Wasn't Cristopher Portuegese? Anyway... they came looking for gold and riches... They were mostly soldiers. They were planning on stealing it! TTC

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Bimini Road in the bahamas is a very curious find too. It could have been built by pre-indian peoples. It appears to be a huge wharf and jetties, which are only built by seafarers with large ships, not dugout canoes.

Another recent find is off the western coast of cuba in very deep water. Sonar shows a city of advanced design. Paved streets, with huge walled structures.

The oceanographer Mr. Ballard who found the Titanic claims there indeed was a worldwide flood, and not a regional flood. This could explain the numerous underwater buildings being found in japan near okinawa. The japanese have no written history of what these buildings are. It's a total mystery to them and pre-dates their culture.

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Four pics of the underwater ruins near okinawa japan. The japanese don't know who built this. It is not in their history.

Attachments

• jap2  japan.jpg
    jap2 japan.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 159
  • jap4 japan.jpg
    jap4 japan.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 165
  • jap1 japan.jpg
    jap1 japan.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 149
  • jap3 japan.jpg
    jap3 japan.jpg