any users of metal detector Bungee Harness?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are very useful for helping to keep the weight of the coil off the arm. You can easiely make your own.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I highly recommend them. I use them for my Excals and Sovereign GTs and my Fisher 1235X during competition hunts. It allows you to hunt for hours with out any arm fatigue.

I hunt a lot of beaches, both in the water and out, in the water it allows you to let go of your detector if you need to while your recovering a target. They support most of the weight of the detector, you are mainly guiding the coil during your swing instead of supporting it as you swing it.

I took a soldering Iron, put small hole in the harness strap put eyelet and clips so I can hang a waterbottle and small case for special finds.....I can be in the water hunting chest deep and if thirsty have a drink of water with out walking back to my van which is usually a longs ways off.

I hunt with Coiltek's 15 inch WOT coil and the 15"x18" SEF Butterfly coil (heavy coil) sold through Kellyco on my Excals and Sovereigns, the harness allows me to hunt for as long as I wish with out any arm fatigue.....

I have turned on several hunting partners to using them and they are still using them............

Think of all the Ibuprofen you will save using one..... :laughing9:

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
I use one on heavier detectors such as the TDI, ML GP and sometimes the Explorer. I made mine by buying a heavy duty pair of suspenders and sewing a D ring on the right side, the bungee snaps into the D ring, work great & helps hold my pants up. IMO it is not necessary on lite weight detectors.

Trashpicker

Greenie
Feb 20, 2008
NM
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS, Explorer II with X-1 Probe ,Minelab Eureka Gold
I started using one after I had hand surgery and could not grip the detector for very long. The explorer is a rather heavy detector to start with and with very little grip it really helped. if you are using a large coil for an extended period of time it will make a difference. The only problem I had was after i quit using the bungee cord, I would forget and drop the detector! I highly recommend trying it if you need the extra holding power. I dont always use mine anymore, but I always have it with me.
Good luck hunting.
Trashpicker.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made my own after I got my Sov Gt. I did 1 hunt without the harness and felt it in my shoulder the next day. Now, very little pain the next day. I just added a WOT coil, so I'm sure I'll appreciate it even more. :icon_thumleft:

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
Yes if you go to Kellyco website they sale two different styles, The best one is the one around your chest, I have used this over two years now and its a great thing taking the extra weight off so your arm does not tire out quickly, Also they sell two different connectors to attach to your detector shaft so make sure you purchase the correct one for your detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread