Any Washington Georgia Residents Here?

armchairQB30

Jun 21, 2007
Let me cut to the chase here about the Confederate Treasure getting to Washington, GA. I started a new thread because I would like to discuss some information from a different angle on this topic. I spent some time in Washington, GA 2 weeks ago and saw some really great artifacts, antique shops, museums and talked with wonderful people.

Fast forward to 1933, our country was coming off of the gold standard. The following story was told to me by four different people two weeks ago. A prominent businessman in town offered double the face value of any gold coins in papermoney turned over to him.

My question to anyone living in Washington,GA is this......what do you know or what have you heard about this story?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
armchairQB30

armchairQB30

Jun 21, 2007
I did read a book review of J. Frank Carrolls book on the confederate treasure by a man who claims that he found a spanish reale in Danville, VA and he claims that this coin is from the Conf Treasure. I would really like to know what this treasure consisted of? WHat type of coins? What denominations? What countries of origin? Can you comment?

OP
OP
armchairQB30

armchairQB30

Jun 21, 2007
Good stuff Beale, so I guess the yankees were chasing down gold that had been taken from federal mints at the onset of the civil war? I guess it belonged to them in the first place? I bet those double eagles would be sweet to find. That red Georgia clay cannot contain the gold too deep if it is there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions