Any Water and Beach hunters around Port Aransas

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett pinpointer
I don't know of any, but know i want to hunt there really bad! I've done some research, but appears most "good" places are off-limits to mders. There are still areas on South Padre that is okay to hunt and even some areas near Boca Chica, if you can get there. GREAT history there. Good luck and let us know what you find!

Crazy Greek

Nov 12, 2007
Victoria, Texas
Detector(s) used
Viper Trident
I don't hit the beaches as often as I would like, but hopefully that will change by the end of the year when I try out this "retirement thingy"! ;D

I can tell you this......as far as Padre Island (around the Corpus Christi area) is concerned, the only area where it is legal to hunt is just south of the Bob Hall pier, after crossing into Kleberg County. Just stop by at the help area near Bob Hall pier area and ask them...they are very helpful.

Once you get in the Kleberg County, you will find that you will not have very much area to actually detect before it turns into the National Seashore, which is DEFINITELY OFF LIMITS to detecting.

As far as Aransas Pass, Port Aransas or Rockport are concerned, everything I have been able to find out says it's alright to detect on the beaches there. You just gotta remember the Texas Antiquities laws (regular {wording that will get you bounced from the forum here}) when it comes to anything found in the water.

Keep in touch Dude....maybe we'll get together one of these days and set up a nice little huntin trip somewhere.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bro lived down there, and we spent some time fishing of Bob Hall and farther down. Gorgeous place.

This was prior to the private boys finding the offshore wrecks by mag.

He also told me that there were regular helicopter patrols and they are looking for MDers. Maybe more than drug smugglers. Beware.

Do not run into the Banditos either.

Also rattlers in the dunes.

Some naked ladies, though!

TideSweeper

Feb 5, 2013
Corpus Christi Texas
Detector(s) used
ML Nox 600
THANKS Willie
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wow -

This tread is old but I'll jump in anyways.

I live in Corpus ... look me up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions