Any whispers of a 2018 model from Tesoro?

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
Just wondering if anyone out their has heard or read of any hints of a possible 2018 model this spring? I think the Mojave was nice for a new entry level machine, but I think many of us were hoping for a new higher end model... perhaps with tone break and adjustable GB, with some depth like the Vaquero.

No, I think something else is coming... just a question of when. I know in a conversation I had with a certain, to remain nameless, Tesoro technician about two years ago, there was more than one new model under development, but more than that he would not say.

I expect a big announcement in 11 days!!!
I just hope it's not something lame like a toggle switch between 3 frequencies called a mulit-freq machine. El Frecuencia
I would like to see a modern attempt at VDI & weatherproofing even if they fail it would be a step in the right direction.

As long as they stay in the game! I've owned a couple and used a few other of their units and all were good, light and user friendly. Maybe a quick take down option that would fit in a standard ruck sack. Never tried a cortez or deleon. I dont need waterproof but and not sure how water resistant the land units are but i get nervous in a sprinkling rain and quit. A snap on clear plastic face cover and battery box seal might be good but then the headphone/coil jacks would need something i suppose.

There will be what I would call a huge change at the Prescott Tesoro factory, within the next three or four months. It is going to be interesting to see how Vince leads the Company into this new era. :skullflag:

I really like my Vaquero. As far as rain goes, they are weather resistant. By that, if you take a zip lock bag and hold it over the housing, it is essentially good to go. I have used it in snow squalls, rain showers, with salt water spray, all that. I've never had an issue.

There will be what I would call a huge change at the Prescott Tesoro factory, within the next three or four months. It is going to be interesting to see how Vince leads the Company into this new era. :skullflag:

I just got a Teknetics Liberator for 219, and with the Patriot being an F70 for 399, I'm hoping Tesoro can compete with their own products. A simple tone break would tickle me, the Liberator has a tone break I can adjust anywhere below silver, I don't watch the VDI anyway. A waterproof Compadre I can dig in the creeks with I'd buy.

I rarely use the VDI on my Deus anymore either. I use it to confirm the audio tone I've already decided to dig, and that's about it.

April Fools
tongue3.gif

Only April fools if we get more snow here!

10" here in White Plains, New York. So far.. 8-)

I just hope they keep making great analog detectors with that lifetime limited warranty.

I have a feeling within the next 10 years, they will come out with a gray Mojave with a DD coil on it though... haha

Last edited:
I really don't know what people are expecting to see from Tesoro? They make good quality analog detectors, at a good price with a lifetime warranty. They aren't the company minelab is and never have meant to be. Guys, if you want a cheeseburger don't go to taco Bell and complain because they don't make them!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back