Any wisconsin diggers ??

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
I am planning on getting back into digging next summer, I know of several GOOD spots from when I was a kid. There are a few bigger dumps that I know of, there's a good chance I may be looking for help on some of them. Just post here if you're interested, I have a while to wait('til the ground thaws)until I can get out on any sites

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
Hey Goldfish

Always interested in possible adventures

From your frozen post, I gather you're in the "up nort dere hey" part of the state ?

Diggem'

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
I go bottle digging a lot- most of the old sites in this county have already been dug though. I wondered for years why every place I found on public land had already been dug- then I met the guy who did it, he started researching and digging all the old dumps and out house pits about ten years before I started, you should see this guys collection- amazing. Now I just try to find ones that I can get permission for on private land... tough to find. I have some good surface dump spots but they aren't old enough for me. There's one township dump no longer used by my house, it was covered over and later sold to a paper mill who plowed it up and planted it with pines. I poked around a little bit there, if you like soda bottles and milk bottles from the 40-60's there's a never ending supply at this place.

Vicegrip

Aug 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Troy X5, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gold fish said:
I am planning on getting back into digging next summer, I know of several GOOD spots from when I was a kid. There are a few bigger dumps that I know of, there's a good chance I may be looking for help on some of them. Just post here if you're interested, I have a while to wait('til the ground thaws)until I can get out on any sites

I have only dug bottles a few times but I would love to help. Let me know I live in Adams county.

Devin

Chester Copper Pot

Apr 16, 2005
WI
Detector(s) used
Whites Idx Pro
I am always willing to dig bottles. I can get permisssion again for a private site near me. I never got close to the bottom of it. Many 10 OZ Pepsi and Coke non returnables from the 1960's.

PJ in WI

Mar 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
EXPLORER SE and an ACE 250
Gold Fish. I would be interested in joining your bottle hunt. This summer or next? PJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread