Anybody buying silver or gold on the recent price decline?

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I plan on getting some more silver tomorrow if prices decrease overnight or early tomorrow. I can get decent "generic" silver bars and rounds (not old crappy Christmas type bars) for about a buck over spot. I have a little bit of extra cash to spend so I think I am going to increase my silver holdings.

Just wondering if anyone else is buying now? Or selling?

Jim

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
I have taken my buying to only coins that I want to add to my collection. Which for some reason seems to be all 90%. But I've stopped buying bullion. Right now I'm taking that money and throwing it in the market. Some of the companies are steals right now if you have the money to sit on. Which I don't. But I think that some of these will have a greater yield than silver in the next few years if things go better. If not I've still got some pm's.

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
nyiangelo said:
I have taken my buying to only coins that I want to add to my collection. Which for some reason seems to be all 90%. But I've stopped buying bullion. Right now I'm taking that money and throwing it in the market. Some of the companies are steals right now if you have the money to sit on. Which I don't. But I think that some of these will have a greater yield than silver in the next few years if things go better. If not I've still got some pm's.

You could be right, and I have thought a bit about some shorter term stock trading, but whenever I start to do that I decide on gold and silver.

I cannot think of any stocks worth buying now, with the uncertain future we have facing us economically, plus possible new outbreaks of war in the Mid East, etc. I still think these types of things favor gold and silver, but who knows?

Jim

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Went out today and was able to get a 1 Kilo JM silver bar and a 10 oz Engelgard (old time poured bar style) for a buck over spot per ounce. I violated my rule about buying bars over 10 oz with the JM, but it was kind of cool and JM is a good name, so I figured why not?

The person I bought from seemed to feel that the old style poured bar is not as good as the newer style flat bars (hence the one dollar premium), but I actually like the old style better.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread