Anybody else received "Shipwreck" spam ?

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
Anybody else received "Shipwreck" spam ?

Everybody has received the e-mails from Nigeria/China/etc. for the usual huge amounts of money you can get, but I have never seen this one I received before.

Dear Sir:

I am an archival researcher and I have a great collection of archival documents related to the spanish ships which sank in XVII and XVIII century in the Florida, Bahama, Cuba and Caribbean watters. Most of the documents (maps, witnesses description, logbooks, manifests) I have found in the spanish archives like Archivo General de Indias in Seville, Archivo General de Simancas, Biblioteca Nacional de Madrid etc..., Most of the documents are unpublished.

Anyway, if you think you could have an interest in such documents, please contact me: [email protected]

I am waiting for your answer.

All the best,

Pawel

Weird that it is Spanish shipwreck related. ???

Jay

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
Re: Anybody else received "Shipwreck" spam ?

warning warning warning !!!! avoid like the plague. Ivan

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat

We should pin the Pawel Nowak thread to the top of every forum, LOL!

With big red letters.

OP
OP
Saturna

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon

Mackaydon said:
see the other thread

Ah yes... this one...

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,28286.0.html *Update* This has since been removed.

I had no intention of responding to it, but now see that it isn't entirely random. I have an e-mail listed in my profile and a visit from Pawel, that's the source.

Jay

PyrateJim

Nov 28, 2004
Sterling Hts., MI.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Sea Hunter mark II

Sure glad you found out about him BEFORE you spent even a minute on it. He is bad news and a scam "artist" from the very beginning.

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II

Can we not get him banned and ban his IP address as well? Tom, Marc, somebody??

Batavia

Jul 29, 2006
Paris/Jakarta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I also received the same message...! Promotion time I guess. This man smell Christmas and the New Year approaching, time for gift purchasings :icon_king:

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II

I think the user deleted it! :wink: :wink: :wink:

I was looking for it also because I had posted images of the fake documents he sent me back in 2004. He basically took a real page from the archives and hand wrote in the name of the vessel. It was a good forgery, but was easily noticed from the Archive numbers stamped on it.

I sure hope someone arrest his sorry a$$ and let those pretty boys in prison over there teach him the real meaning of screwing someone!

diverlynn

Oct 25, 2006
New Smyrna Beach
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000

Here's what he said about himself

Diverlynn

" I was born in Radomsko and I educated at the University of Lodz (International Public Law Faculty). But my main interest is Treasure Shipwrecks diving. I am also an Maritime Archivist and I have some friends in Spanish archives in England and Spain. I took part in several search and salvage operations on the historical shipwrecks as a guest or crew’s member.
In 1995 I took part in the search and salvage operation on the wreck of „Solen” (Swedish warship which sank in 1627).
The wreck was discovered in 1969 by divers from the Polish Salvage Company. It was recognized as a Swedish warship "Solen" which had sunk during the battle of Oliwa on November 28, 1627. She was probably a 150-last galleon built of oak, with caravelbuilt planking, armed with 38 guns. Her crew consisted of 53 men.
The wreck was lying at the depth of 18 meters on a sandy, flat bottom. The find comprised the remains of a wooden structure of a sailing ship, whose bottom part, filled with stone and sand ballast, was intact. About 6,000 objects were recovered from the W-6 wreck. The most valuable find was a group of cannons. They were all cast in bronze, mainly in Sweden, in the second half of the sixteenth century and in the beginning of the 17th century. Among them there were two Polish cannon, one of them made in 1560 for king Zygmunt August (1548-1572).
The findings also included gun carriages, cannon-balls of various types, powder spoons, fragments of side-arms and fire-arms, musket shots and a collection of several score powder horns (in leather sheaths) etc. Another group of artefacts were the personal effects of the sailors, such as fragments of leather jackets, boots, gloves, hats, leather belts, clay pipes, ink-pots, boxes and leather purses with coins. Moreover, the find included a beautiful collection of Swedish silver and copper coins, the so-called Klippingar 1- and 2-ore. There were also other relicts which merit mentioning: human and animal bones, navigation instruments, kitchen and table utensils, barrels for victuals, tools belonging to the ship’s craftsmen and sailmaker, elements of rigging and fittings, sculptured elements, etc.
In 1995 the divers and scientists tested new equipment bought in the United States. We have found a lot of new items like coins, cannon balls, bones etc...,
In the same year Polish scuba divers found a new wreck off the coast. The place was a half nautical mile from the beach, the depth 7 metres, and all that could be seen were a few timbers sticking up from the sand. The Polish Maritime Museum decided to start an excavation.
They were lucky, and soon found the ship bell. The inscription read "General Carleton of Whitby 1777". Thanks to the Lloyds Marine Collection was soon clear what had been found. It was a 500 ton merchant ship, built in the British town Whitby in 1777. She was named after an English general famous in those days. On September 27, 1785 she was on her way home, loaded with tar and iron. A storm stranded her at the Polish coast. Despite the shallow depth just off the shore, the whole crew of 25 men drowned.
200 years later, the ship was found. The excavations continued in 1996 and 1997. The last two seasons was a joint project with Deguwa, the German underwater archaeology society, sponsored by Seemann Sub, Germany.
I have also took part in some wecks diving in the Red Sea waters during the year of 2002 and 2003. For example I have seen the wreck of „Carnatic” which sank in the Red Sea waters in the 1869. The wreck is located in a relatively deep water and the hull is still visible. The archival documents related to this wreck you could see checking other parties of this site."

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Do you know why the new Polish Navy has glass bottom boats? So they can see the old Polish Navy.

mariner

Apr 4, 2005

I lived in Poland for a time about ten years ago. Don't hold your breath waiting for the authorities to do anything about scams like this. The only people who are held in less esteem than the Polish Police are the Russians who occupied the country for 40 or 50 years. One typical joke asks what would happen if all the Polish police left the country and went to live in Russia. The answer is that the average IQ of both countries would increase.

Do Widzenia

Mariner

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast

RGecy said:

I was looking for it also because I had posted images of the fake documents he sent me back in 2004. He basically took a real page from the archives and hand wrote in the name of the vessel. It was a good forgery, but was easily noticed from the Archive numbers stamped on it.

I sure hope someone arrest his sorry a$$ and let those pretty boys in prison over there teach him the real meaning of screwing someone!

Robert, I started the Thread on Pawel Nowak. I did not delete it. I think the man is nothing but a scam artist. I know that he got me for useless information and he also scammed several friends of mine.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast

old man said:
RGecy said:

Robert, I started the Thread on Pawel Nowak. I did not delete it. I think the man is nothing but a scam artist. I know that he got me for money for useless information and he also scammed several friends of mine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread